#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

I think this kids going to be a special player in a couple of seasons.

Another inspired pick by Dodoro.

5 Likes

Very good article. Thanks for posting in what was turning into the Laverde thread, BD!

He doesn’t have the hand skills either. I don’t think he’s that good below his knees or quick enough with his hands.

1 Like

If he’s written that himself then he sounds like a very articulate, intelligent young man. No doubt he will be a success post footy career. It’s always refreshing to see a young footballer with more than just ball skills.

1 Like

Chances are he didn’t write that by himself. If so, credit to the EFC scribe who did the ghost writing. If not, bigger credits to Josh who may have a different career ahead of him post football.

He reminds me of Dane Swan, albeit bigger, stronger and a much more dangerous kick. If he can develop half the midfield craft of Dane he will win plenty of games for us.

I hope he and Laverde both get a run of good luck this year, both will hopefully be key members of our VFL midfield in round 1. Both will be on the fringes for a forwardline spot in the seniors too.

1 Like

I hope he pushes for selection early on.
So impressed by the article he seems to have a great mentality.
I really hope Begley, Gleeson and Daniher have great years coming off injured 2018 years.

4 Likes

Highly doubtful he wrote it
But does not matter

1 Like

Sorry to dissapoint
But he is no Dwayne Swan

1 Like

Who the F is dwayne Swan?

2 Likes

Dwayne Armstrong’s favourite water fowl?

9 Likes

There was a post on here somewhere from someone who knows him and describes him as very smart and fiercely dedicated.

I think he wrote that. I think he’ll return with a vengeance.

2 Likes

He meant to say Dane clearly

1 Like

When professional organisations release puff pieces, they are drafted and edited by those organisations’ PR Departments. Josh may well be very smart, and probably said most of those things in his interview, but that piece has been heavily massaged by the PR Department.

1 Like

Heavily
And
Significantly!!

1 Like

I’d can confirm that I wrote, without any ghosting or PR massaging, my blurb that preceded the article.

4 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

100% think he is poor below the knees as well.

No. I watched Paul Barnard play quality football all year.

3 Likes

Either was Dane Swan when he began