#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

I mean considering our current run of injuries, probably another ACL

Fridge is on a gentle improvement curve. Just a lttle bit better each match. Barring further injury, he’ll be first choice 22 by season’s end.

5 Likes

Been happy with his first 3 weeks overall.

Coming back from an ACL ain’t easy.

The last 2 weeks hasn’t been easy as a forward

1 Like

Most overrated player on Blitz. He’s the new Leroy Jetta.

He’s played one awesome quarter vs the Suns. Which happened to be his first quarter of AFL. I just don’t see anything special about this kid. Just my opinion.

Crap post. Kids just come back from an ACL.

An example of what I see was the Dreamtime game, 2nd game back from an ACL, where the ball comes in early in the first quarter and he just manhandles and shoves the Richmond player off him and grabs a mark.

Then you have the goal he kicked out a pack in the 2nd quarter vs Richmond.

So he can mark and can get ground ball. Players get out of his way and not visa versa like a lot of our players.

Meanwhile Stringer is failing to hit the scoreboard in that Richmond gam.e

There is a ton of upside potential with Begley.

To me he’s a DeGoey prototype.

7 Likes

That’s your opinion.

From memory, he was very good in elimination final v swans?

Only played 10 or so games. Not ideal for an ACL to rob you of a whole season

Anyone know what he’s tank is like?? Wouldn’t be against seeing the big rig have a run on the ball in the future, our own Ollie wines :ok_hand: Huge potential need to pump as many games into him as possible.

Very big tank.

1 Like

I can’t see him as a mid.

Keep him up forward and get him to focus on forward pressure.

Can be our Liam Picken or Zurhaar of late

So which stat is it that stands out exactly?

1 Like

I’m not sure they have a stat that covers attitude. We need him in the team to provide some scare factor. Reminds me of Barnard.

6 Likes

The mythical scare factor. I have not seen him do one thing that would strike fear into an opponent. Sorry apart from that one tackle in the suns game.

Dont mind the kid but I think people on here massively ovverate him.

Would take langford and Laverde over him 10/10 times.

3 Likes

We saw pre-ACL that he’s normally a good user of the ball and kick at goal, so it was a bit disappointing with his disposal the other night.
But he is coming from a long way back this season and it will take a while to get his legs again.
I can see him in and out of the team this year as players come back which isn’t unexpected for only a 11 game player.

1 Like

If it helps, my opinion is that you’re wrong too.

But he’d still be going back to the twos next match. Was promoted out of necessity, not because he was playing too well to leave out.

2 Likes

He has improved every game this year. It’s hard coming back from an ACL. If he can play another 5-10 games this year you will see a huge improvement in 2020.
Kid has a lot of talent.

1 Like

Very rusty but he has some special attributes, he will come good.

1 Like

Has ever really taken a VFL game by the scruff of the neck? I was in on the hype early days based on the big rig and hoping he’d become our own Dane Swan but doesn’t seem to get to the positions he needs to within a game to be involved as much as he should. Also seemed slow off the mark which is probably a hangover from the injury as can’t remember what he was like before the knee. Skill wise he has shown polish earlier so I reckon that will resolve itself but I’m far less confident of him becoming the player that many are still hyping, especially as a midfielder. I think the sleeper on our list is Mynott as a future inside midfielder with grunt and aggression.

That would be the Laverde & Langford people have been saying were ■■■■, right?

What happened to playing the kids for extended runs? He came in under-prepared (people here called for it) and is taking time to find his form. He wasn’t doing great in the 2’s. His kicking skills have not returned since his injury. ■■■■ this instant gratification bullshit.

2 Likes