#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

He was rushed back in and is still not up to speed, but dropping him now will set him back.

He was a liability for much of the last game, at times even cringeworthy. The two late goals don’t change the issue, that for most of the night he stunk it up. We cannot afford a single passenger against the WEagles, he needs to be replaced by someone who will have more impact.

Brown in for Stringer.
Baguley or Mozzie in for Begley.

Begs will be really good eventually. Just needs to get his touch back. Put him on ball in the VFL for a few weeks. Wouldn’t mind giving Mynott a crack in his spot.

3 Likes

Agree with this. He needs to take one step back, in order to take a giant leap forward. Go back, find some touch, dominate VFL games and then come back with confidence. Whatever it takes.

1 Like

I’m happy to persist with him.

Showed a lot of spark and hardness all game.

I’d love to go into next year with all of our younger/future brigade having played the max amount of games possible together.

2 Likes

He was very competitive. Cracked in really hard. Just not sharp enough yet with the ball in hand. I love the kid though.

1 Like

I personally reckon Walla stunk it up more than Begs, however, he has credits in the bank, so all the heat is coming Begley’s way. In the first half, Walla didn’t have a kick and had only laid one tackle. Was running around in circles and couldn’t get into the game. Took a sweet grab in the second half and laid a few more tackles, but was pretty much unsighted for most of the game.

Begley worked hard all night. And, yes, while the two goals may have flattered him, he still contributed something on the scoreboard. Giving it to the Dawks fans was worth its weight in gold.

I reckon he is being played ahead of the Bagman. So, it is prolly between those two for that fwd spot. I like the Bagman, but he is at the end. I’d rather get more games into Begley from here on in. He is just a bit rusty, but with more upside than the Bagman. If he has to go back to the magoos to find some touch, so be it. I just hope his replacement can contribute more than him. Is Mozzie ready for senior action? If not, Begley stays in.

5 Likes

He is building, keep him in!

His work at ground level is very good

Ultra competitive too

1 Like

With him, Lang, a fitter String, the ball of muscle that’s Shiel, we’ve finally got a bit of bulk at the contest

2 Likes

Yep and i don’t buy the “cheap goals” nonsense. If you told me before the game Begs was going to kick 2 i’d be stoked. I’d don’t care when or how they come. They’re all the same to me.

7 Likes

Agreed. Contributed.

1 Like

They were the sealers

1 Like

Expensive goals?

The nails in the coffin before we buried them?

1 Like

He did that against the Crows too. Begley the finisher.

Josh ‘The Undertaker’ Begley.

1 Like

How much of that running is futile running?
Maybe he has a role designed to pull one of the half back flanks away?

Touch is still off,but Is give him one more.

Although I think that Brown is a likely replacement for Stringer we will need someone to replace his midfield minutes

With Begley’s aggression., size & running capacity could he go into the middle to take Stringers minutes? Even if he goes in there to simply bloc and knock Eagles players to give Merrett & Sheil an opp to bite the cherry.

Watching the 3rd qtt reply now makes me think he might be able to do this role

At this stage I can’t see Mossie coming into the side unless Tippa is dropped as it would upset the sides balance. Tippa wasn’t great against Whorethorne. I wonder if he is carrying something. Certainly didn’t have the pace we know of him.

Hope you are right. He needs to practice that a lot. I don’t feel confident when he kicks for goal at the moment.

Stays in for mine. Mo22ie isn’t ready.

1 Like