#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Blitz is not ready

4 Likes

I’d say he worked hard all game and finally got rewarded.
Cheap goals? FFS was Fantasia’s first goal a cheap one? Langford’s? Saad’s?

2 Likes

Not many get big possessions in the role that Begley is performing - The going rate seems to be in the 10 to 15 possessions per game - Begley is going OK.

I’d play Bags. When our season is shot play Begs.

It was probably his better game for the year. He still needs to learn to find more footy. I also think we need to get him to start on more midfield minutes after a stint of 5 games in the VFL.

I wouldn’t be against Ridley coming in shortly for neglect whilst he goes back and does what Ridley has done. Rifles to play HF, Wing, Mid.

Ridley would be good to have a look at in the Begley role but I would really like to have a look at Snelling in that roll. Fast, big engine, tackle and pressure machine, genuine ball getter, kicks goals and to top it off is a genuine mid who can be part of the rotations

2 Likes

He was the only positive for the night.

Career best game. Well done Fridge.

9 Likes

Hopefully he gains plenty from tonight.

Laverde not bad from limited chances.

3 Likes

The 3 goals in a very starved forwardline was great. He worked hard all over the ground too. Good game.

4 Likes

Yep kudos to Begley

One of the few who could say they contributed well last night.

2 Likes

Good game from this guy. He still has significant upside as well.
I expect this guy to become a top liner mid. Really impressed by his work rate and intensity. Kicking improved so much from his first two weeks. Needs to stick his tackles and retain his trademark aggression and continue to develop himself as a 360 degree footballer similar to Stringer & De Goey. He has it in him.

I reckon Snelling should replace Guelfi & Ridley should replace Zaharakis.

I know, Zaha is on 199 games, but he needs to earn them and not get em on simply honouring some tradition thing. Sorry bud.

2 Likes

Sorry to disappoint
Tries very hard and will kick the occasional goal but doubt he will be a top line midfielder

The 3 goals were handy. At times he lacked vision or situational awareness, like when he was run down from behind and tackled for a HTB decision. There was another occasion where he had a forward (Smack or Laverde) wide open in the goal square, and passed instead to deep in the pocket. He also burnt another player who was open deep in the forward line. Once he gets those things right, he will be a more complete player. He has a cool head on his shoulders, and refused to be sucked in by some niggle from a WEagle.

1 Like

Pretty good game from a young bloke.

I kind of didn’t mind when he did this, even though it resulted in a set-shot for the Eagles. At least he was trying to do something a little different like panic bomb the ball out of our defensive-50 for the 1000th time by a defender. I agree it lacked awareness but I would stop short of discouraging players from doing this.

1 Like

Nah I reckon he will stay as a forward. A Liam Picken 2016 Finals Series forward.

I don’t think he has the pace nor the around the contest craft to be a midfielder (you generally need one of them to be a mid).

I’ve been his biggest critic so far. But he played a good game.

1 Like

Put a line through him as well

1 Like

Back to the VFL.

4 Likes

Just cannot do that.
Mozzie next week.

3 Likes