#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

"Liquor can be slightly lower in calories per serving than beer. A 12-ounce light beer has about 103 calories, a regular beer has about 153 calories and a 1.5-ounce serving of 80-proof gin, vodka, tequila, whiskey or rum has about 97 calories."

Carbs and sugar in the beer probably the main problem?

Having too many, either way, is probably the main problem.

This kid sounds like an alcoholic.

Especially if he’s drinking vodka sodas

He looks French to me.

I’m calling him Josh De Frost.

This kid sounds like an alcoholic.

I respect that.

Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night to get a glass of cold water. Guess who was in the farkin fridge??? That’s right - Begley! I was startled at first, but he explained he was only nibbling on some left-over broccoli, so it was cool, and I shut the door and went back to sleep. That guy…

I think I am more inclined to believe Deckham’s unusual encounter with Begley in the fridge than the suggestions he is a Vodka-swilling David Boon reincarnate.

Yeasterday I woke up in the middle of the night to get a glass of cold water. Guess who was in the farkin fridge??? That's right - Begley! I was startled at first, but he explained he was only nibbling on some left-over broccoli, so it was cool, and I shut the door and went back to sleep. That guy.....

A little too much Xmas cheer last night eh?

I get the feeling his drinking exploits are, at least nowadays, exaggerated. If not he’s going to get left out of things to try to straighten him up a bit. Now, I’m certainly not one to talk when it comes to enjoying a drink often but I don’t think that kind of thing (to excess regularly) is smiled upon all that much in AFL these days and particularly not at Essendon.

Just finished a pre Christmas lunch with my workmate who had Josh Begley stay at his place last night. He told him his skin folds are down because he's drinking vodka instead of beer! Apparently Dylan Clarke is spewing because he always checks what he eats to make sure he's eating clean and Begley is getting better results by changing from beer to vodka.

I think young Begbie is going to have to tell his mate to learn how to shut his clam. Or glass him.

Anorak on.

The amount of energy delivered in food is:

Source: National Health and Medical Research Council
<b class="Bold">Carbs - 16.7 kj per gram
Protein - 16.7 kj per gram
Fat - 37.7 kj per gram
Alcohol - 29.3 kj per gram

One 350ml stubbie of 5% beer is 17.5gm x 29.3= 512kj
One 25ml shot of 50% vodka is 12.5gm x 29.3=366kj…close to a 350ml bottle of mid strength beer of 3.5%.

The question is, how much of each might he consume before he falls over? :wink:

His post Christmas skinfolds will be of great interest I expect. :slight_smile:

Having said that, I expect that his transformation will continue despite his return to uftg because he has too much to lose & people will be watching him closely.

I think he is a smart fridge, will come back OK.

Will come back hard as ever.

Bar fridge.

Anorak on.

The amount of energy delivered in food is:

Source: National Health and Medical Research Council
<b class="Bold">Carbs - 16.7 kj per gram
Protein - 16.7 kj per gram
Fat - 37.7 kj per gram
Alcohol - 29.3 kj per gram

One 350ml stubbie of 5% beer is 17.5gm x 29.3= 512kj
One 25ml shot of 50% vodka is 12.5gm x 29.3=366kj…close to a 350ml bottle of mid strength beer of 3.5%.

The question is, how much of each might he consume before he falls over? :wink:

His post Christmas skinfolds will be of great interest I expect. :slight_smile:

Having said that, I expect that his transformation will continue despite his return to uftg because he has too much to lose & people will be watching him closely.

It’s not the alcohol content that is the difference, it is the carb content

I think he is a smart fridge, will come back OK.

He’s connected to the Internet?

Chill out

Crisp - er.

Free ze Begley!

Ice Ice Begley