#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Darren Bewick told Dodoro wsphu and emphasised that he could be anything.

Yesterday we got an idea of what “anything” might be.

Please explain in English what is the meaning of wsphu.

Please explain in English what is the meaning of wsphu.

‘We should pick him up’

He is 186cm, 6 foot 1 in the old scale. I like the idea of him being that mid sized power forward

Bewick also said we should pick him at 10

1 Like

Lid blown off never to be seen again. Natural fwd, will be a star.

Wanna see him kick the opener round 1 then fkg flatten someone off the centre square line ala Lloyd style

he exactly what i was hoping a fringe player would do. Put his hand up for Round 1 selection and put big pressure on the incumbants spots.

If he plays the same way against Geelong, good luck to the selectors trying to pick a forward line for round 1, let alone the whole team.

For the first time in a long time, we seem to have an abundance of forward options.Give disco a raise ASAP

1 Like

I want woosha to Fullmetal Jacket him ‘SO YOU’RE A KILLER… SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE’

He has the “how did Begley end up at pick 31, and how did he become the best player from the 2016 draft” about him…

But the AFL wouldn't let us pick him at 10, said we have to wait until he's 18.
1 Like

BBB

I know there’s been a bit of talk about neck length but surely it is high time we discuss the chins on Begley and McGrath

I think there's a bit of Dane Swan about him. Walks and runs the same way.
Agree
I don't want to say it, because I'll get bashed, but Tippa has been underwhelming as a forward so far this year. I know that he is a pressure player, but also needs to hit the scoreboard.
He was the last or second last touch in 25% of our goals on the weekend. Not bad for a player out of touch.

No he wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Tippa fan, but he needs to hit the scoreboard. He seems hesitant up forward.

In the first half he looked lost, unsure of where to run or what to do, in short, he looked anything but a natural forward. Off HB
he has the whole field ahead of him and can use his great vision to set up plays.

So Walla, forward or back? Should this be a poll?

I actually think, HB/middle. He needs to be encouraged to use his flair. Seems very defensive up forward.

I don't want to say it, because I'll get bashed, but Tippa has been underwhelming as a forward so far this year. I know that he is a pressure player, but also needs to hit the scoreboard.
He was the last or second last touch in 25% of our goals on the weekend. Not bad for a player out of touch.

No he wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Tippa fan, but he needs to hit the scoreboard. He seems hesitant up forward.

In the first half he looked lost, unsure of where to run or what to do, in short, he looked anything but a natural forward. Off HB
he has the whole field ahead of him and can use his great vision to set up plays.

So Walla, forward or back? Should this be a poll?

But the AFL wouldn't let us pick him at 10, said we have to wait until he's 18.

Whatever it takes #3465

Excellent beginning, looked very mature and strong. To temper enthusiasm he was not playing against a regular defender and managed to get out on his own, which normally will be harder. However his tackling and attack were first class, and doesn;t get carried away. Paul Barnard? Chappy also. haven't had forward of his type for a long time. Good signs, lets see next game if Geelong give him as much space and disrespect.

On Sunday I saw the Barnard in him, but at this stage I think he may end up better . In the 2000 GF, Melbourne gave Barnard scant regard , so you can see the role a Begley could play.

In 2016 Begley had many elite indicators. One knock was his kicking efficiency .

OK. You lead with average kicking efficiency, I will raise you elite goal kicking. You fold. I win.

There is nothing wrong with his kicking for goal. Also his pass to Tippa late in the game, was cm. perfect.

Should have taken responsibility in the last instead of trying to hit Green. Trot to 55, bang, kick his 5th and win us the game.