#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Kicked four goals in a premiership. Nothing to sneeze at.

7 Likes

Off the pine to kick four. One of the better GF performances. Begs the new and improved Fridge

Ps I’ve watched that replay over 100 times. Please let us be there again soon

1 Like

If the ball comes in high, Begley might only be our 4th best forward, When it comes to locking the ball in he will probably rate higher. If the ball comes in low to a lead, he might be our 1-2nd best forward but that depends on timing and how often the mids lower their eyes and honor the leads.

'ich is why you need Walla delivering into 50…

1 Like

Big.
Boi.
BEGLEY

7 Likes

Hey guys , my young bloke spent the afternoon watching the 4,s at Upwey and #16 rocked up (used to play for monbulk) Just watched the game but is he built!

2 Likes

Built like an old Kelvinator?

Smegly? Maybe not.

3 Likes

And also let us not forget… in one of the greatest ever teams, in one of the greatest ever winning GF margins, no-one kicked more goals that day than PB. He was matched by club legend M Lloyd. That is not too shabby of a laurel wreath to rest on.

5 Likes

You don’t have 22 champions in a champion team.But of course you need a handful of champs which are also now called ‘A graders’.

What PB was, and Begley could become, is a ‘type’ of player we need as a jigsaw piece that will form a champion team.

He might be a bit better than that. Time will tell.

His build reminds me of Tim Membrey (minus the shit tatts) think he may have a similar impact.

The Fridge
His Fridgieness
Or El Fridgerino if you are not into the whole brevity thing…
My prediction-
13 possessions, a few mins in the midfiled, 5 tackles, 1 goal, and 2 goal assists.
Round 1? Just about… Maybe not quite.

1 Like

The Fridge will kick all the goals and then eat all the pies.

(soz, but I just had to post this gif again.)

2 Likes

That Fridge really tied the room together.

5 Likes

:muscle: BBB :muscle:

4 Likes

Personally, when it comes to hopes, I hope that Begley becomes a Chapman/Rockliff clone. With better kicking.

1 Like

Just sold a fridge yesterday.
Although it wasn’t a fridge of substance.
It was just a trendy smeg.

We were originally talking about what we hope Begley will become. And I’ll stand by the fact that I want Begley to become a lot better than Barnard. He was a decent player, but people who use the Grand Final are surely kidding, right? I mean, do you all want Ridley to be as good as Shane Ellen? After all, he kicked FIVE goals in a Grand Final. Pity he only played 54 games for his career…

Nice marmot.

1 Like