#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Woah, welcome back HAP.

Well, I say welcome back but for the sake of your sanity maybe you should have stayed away. Hah.

1 Like

Welcome back. You’ve been missed.

1 Like

Absolutely. Welcome back.

1 Like

Don’t worry, HAP. I haven’t missed you.

6 Likes

That’s because your eyesight’s so far gone you can’t see what you’re aiming at, you decrepit old fossil.

4 Likes

Fair point.

Pretty obvious (from Facebook) what you’ve been doing since you were last on Blitz.

PS I’m not that blind.

BRING HIM IN!

I love that if a post is flagged, it becomes a ‘spoiler’ you can read if you choose to.

6 Likes

I stand by my post! :innocent:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden

view hidden content

1 Like

BIG
BOI
BEGLEY

From the latest BomberTV episode with Darren Bewick:

Josh was never on our radar, well he was on our radar but he wasn’t doing what we thought was required to get an invite in. He wasn’t in our initial squad last year. We saw him play early at Upper Fern Tree Gully.

He was playing, I think they were 3rd division, but he was playing seniors as a 17 - 18 year old and he kicked 6 or 7 in his first game and then another similar bag. We sent one of our assistants down there and had a look at him. Not to see whether he kicked goals or not, but to see what he did off the ball and those sort of things and his work rate was really good. He was well overweight but he seemed to see the game really well and we thought well we’ll get him in.

That was probably round 3 and he came to training and he trained the house down on the first night. I said to our boss, well let’s register him and we’ll play him this week, cause we were missing a few players. He was a big solid boy. He kicked six in first TAC Cup game and as he went on there was a little bit of interest in him. We had a really good talk to him and his Dad and said this is the landscape of where you are at, at the moment. It’s up to you what you do. These are the things we suggest and to his credit he took it all on board. I thought he was outstanding. He was runner up to Dylan Clarke last year in our B&F. He just kept coming up and up through the ranks. From a rookie early on to late draft pick, to where some clubs were considering in their early 30’s.

The Bombers are very fortunate to get someone like Josh. I can really see a bright future for him.

6 Likes

karmabomber Instagram

I would be thrilled if he made a debut on ANZAC day.

More likely to happen 2018 Anzac Day

My lord, his guns are gonna be bigger than Marigliani’s…

AFL ready!

Just needs to get some consistency in the VFL and I think he will get a run.

Need this kid to come through. Looks to have good pace off the mark and huge, exactly what we need in the midfield at the moment.

He was tough as nails today in the Vfl. Played awesome footy in the midfield too. Would love to see him along with Mutch given a run in the seniors some time this year

1 Like

Rate of progression tells me we’ll see them both sometime after the bye.

Mutch a bit sooner than Begs.