#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

BIG BOI READY FOR A BIG PRE SEASON

1 Like

I’d be surprised if he’s ready for midfield next year. Certainly at AFL level. Be interesting to see if he slots back into the forward line at AFL level or if he does a midfield apprenticeship at VFL level

1 Like

Initially they will play him fwd IMO

Never easy coming back from a knee

I expect to see Fridge and Lav bullying the midfield for the VFL team next year, with 5 games each in the seniors (depending on injuries)

I expect Lav and The Langford to be bullying other Teams in the AFL next season, and I expect The Fridge to be playing in our forwardline instead of Trave Colyer as the next stage before he takes over in the middle.

2 Likes

I expect Shiel and Gaff to hold Lav and Begs at bay for 12 months max

Both can play forward and probably will at times for the senior squad, but I’d rather them get The Langford treatment.

LOL, let’s renew this discussion if and when Sheil and Gaff are signed with the Bombers.

I cannot see Sheil getting to EFC, and Gaff is a good outside player with a great left hook. Lav and Begs will be inside players once they get more games and develop.

Gaff and Shiel are already signed, I read it on Blitz so it must be true

2 Likes

I’m going early on this one.

Baring another major injury, this kid will be best 22 starting midfield next year and will shred a few games.

My reasoning

He was already in the top runners last preseason, another preseason and a year of rehab and building his endurance will only make it better.

He is an elite kick, him and Langford in the middle will turn games from their long accurate game breaking kicking.

He is a bull, like Shuey, Cotchin style crack in hard at it kind of player.

He is a smart footballer, you can’t teach a guy to know where to be as good as he is at it, he instinctively get to dangerous spots. This will only shine with more midfield time.

I think he has a chip in his shoulder to prove he belongs, he was never supposed to make it. I would think now he is at an AFL club he wants to make the most of it. Doing the kneee will make him realise it’s still hangs in the balance to be a footballer and will only push harder to try.

I think he is going to be a superstar.

12 Likes

I agree he’s going to be very good. I think it will take him most of the season to work his way back into the team.

1 Like

Forgotten man, will be like having a new recruit in 2019.

Agree it will take half a season, but by finals next year he will be a real weapon other teams are going to have to try figure out how to stop.

3 Likes

Sydney are interested.

Sydney can get stuffed.

7 Likes

if they’re genuine and offer something decent then you’d be stupid not to consider, especially given some of our targets this year.

I honestly reckon he will struggle to be best 22… for the rest of his career.

I honestly reckon we’d regret it massively if we trade him

3 Likes

Seriously, you seem to be down on everyone on our list, convinced that we won’t trade for anyone good, and skeptical about our ability to bring in new talent via the draft.

RUOK?

7 Likes

The thing I love about Sydney being interested is that he is the exact type of player that Sydney loves.

Kennedy, Parker, Mitchell,

They have always had a very good eye for inside mid talent.

Don’t let anyone near him.

3 Likes

He’s a smart footballer.

Such a shame to miss a season just when he was finding his place.

It will still take him a few years to learn craft around the stoppages.