#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

If we were getting Parker and lost Begley as part of trade it’s fine with me.

1 Like

Not down on many people on our list at all. Just don’t see it with begley.

He’s powerful enough, great tank, uses it well and is a good size. Remains to be seen whether he can learn midfield craft. Similar boat to Laverde, arguably already shown more at a senior level though. Could be the next Luke Parker, could struggle to be anything other than a mobile mid sized forward who doesn’t really make it. Too early to tell yet. If a decent offer was put forward you’d be foolish not to entertain it.

2 Likes

B I G B O I

1 Like

Humble. I’ve asked the same question privately with @alex.f.94 because I thought the same.

He basically admitted to be a nob all the time because it’s fun. I look forward to the day he steps into ban territory.

Keep. Huge upside if he improves in his role- we can’t give away big bodied players- especially anyone who might roll through the midfield.

What are you on about? You asked (probably facetiously) if I was ok because I ‘pick fights on blitz’, and I said yes it’s a bit of fun, which blitz generally is…

And I’m pretty sure you only asked because I was winding you up re your langford infatuation.

But fk me if you are going to ask something in private, keep it private? Not that exposing the private conversation really reveals anything, but it’s pretty gutless.

And like I said, I don’t see it with begley. Never have. Had a few good kicks in a game once but so did Kav v Fremantle.

1 Like

Those are my thoughts exactly, although it would need to be a very good offer for me to entertain trading him.

He and Laverde are in a similar boat in that, both need to build up their midfield resume in the reserves before they can be considered best 22 contenders as a don’t see either of them making it as longterm AFL forwards if they can’t contribute to the midfield rotations. Having said that, they both have seriously high ceilings; if we can help them get the most out of themselves they are going to be real headaches for our opponents.

First thing first, though, they need to get their bodies right and dominate the lower level.

I was concerned because you were picking fights which seemed weird. Turns out you like to do it. You just admitted to it.

Nothing gutless about calling you out and copying your @alex.f.94 tag in it. I wasn’t worried about you seeing it nor your reply.

You act petulantly ad nauseum.

1 Like

All this because I said I didn’t see it in begley, but I’m petulant. Right.

early 2nd round pick would have me interested I reckon. Or if he was part of a deal for Parker including our Pick 8. I’d do 8 and Begley for Parker sharpish.

Nup. I don’t think and have never thought we were going to get Parker anyway. Still nup. What about Parrish?

I wouldn’t trade him unless it was an exchange of players, and Parker and Ronke are the only ones I have interest in at the Swans

I can’t see why Begley would suddenly shoot into contention for a starting midfield position after missing a year with an acl. There’s a lot of football and physical development that he would have missed in that time and he’d not done a heap of midfield work before then. A few others like Langford and McGrath have also moved ahead of him in the midfield pecking order

The kids got potential but don’t be surprised to see him work slowly into the next season

He won’t

He should.

1 Like

He might

excuse me, those were handballs.

1 Like

He could

He may.

ANNOUNCE MAY

1 Like