#16 “OMG it’s Archie” Perkins

Another 20 touches in another quiet game.

Thats a really positive sign for his continued development.

6 Likes

Laid some big tackles and stood up in key contests inside the packs. Played a part in a physical win.

7 Likes

Kept busting his arse which is great to see

2 Likes

It’s not going to be a round 1 style performance every week. He is quietly building.

1 Like

thought he was quite important with some of his kicks in the 3rd an 4th to give us opportunities for goals

3 Likes

Finding a way to stay involved even when it’s not his day. That’s exactly what blitz has been calling for, narrowing the gap between his best and worst.

Laid some good tackles again today, his defensive efforts have improved significantly.

And as pointed out by Barnz, his kicking is a strength because I think he makes good decisions and kicks the ball to the dangerous space.

Rock solid.

12 Likes

Massive tackle in the last. He’s a beast, just doesnt know it yet.

3 Likes

Nice bit of movement in traffic late for that snap too (albeit a behind).

1 Like

17 Likes

Yep

He’s showing fantastic progress. Hope he keeps on keeping on.

3 Likes

Doubled his tackle average and is contributing 2 goals a game either himself or with an assist.

Change in position has worked for him more than others

6 Likes

Need to get the ball in his hands more going into the 50.

1 Like

Yea his kicking, maybe his decision making going inside 50 has been great. You know with Archie the ball is going to the right space and to advantage.

Remember he still has less then 15 games played as a midfielder, and even on the weekend he attended less bounces than the previous 2 weeks.
His numbers should continue to improve over the next few years and eventually I expect him to become someone who can find the ball 25 times a game.
Even on the weekend I thought he was noticeably quicker in his decision making when he got the ball under pressure, and his tackling is phenomenal.

I honestly expect him to be comfortably our best player in 2 or 3 years time.

One of the shining lights in what looks to be another year of meaningless mediocrity.

Footy gods: “you can’t be having that”

6 Likes

My hair my hair my hair

wot?

See you next year

1 Like

Pretty boy