#16 Tayte Pears

Where’s he at? Good player who looked like he’d be great then got injured and hasn’t made it back in, signed in the offseason, seems to be fading away in the reserves.

Is he biding time until Fletch retires? Is his engine good enough to drift up? Or is he trade material ?

Hasn't played VFL for a couple of weeks I think due to a calf injury.

Barring injuries, there is no way he'll break into our senior back six at the moment anyway.

Was one of my fav players early on his career.

Has had numerous injuries ever since and can’t see him getting a spot in the back 6 anymore.

Hate to say it, but I think he’s trade material now.

Was one of my fav players early on his career.
Has had numerous injuries ever since and can't see him getting a spot in the back 6 anymore.
Hate to say it, but I think he's trade material now.

Agree with you, silky and courageous player, if he gets fit and can string some games together I think he could have a career at Efc yet. Surprised if bomber doesn't give him a shot second half of the year,

No way, plays a critical role.. as our #1 Bombershop clothes model.

But seriously, you'd be mental wanting to trade him, would get peanuts for him. I'd rather let him recover and judge him after a full preseason thanks.

It’s strange that we aren’t performing well as a team but as a general rule most people are happy with our defence… Personally I’m pretty happy with it too and not sure if Pears can fit in there, though Dempsey seems a bit “all at sea” so maybe Pears comes in there at some point.

Interesting that he’s been played up forward a bit in the VFL. If he can become handy up forward he’d be another versatile player on the list, and he’s still very young and so if the talent is there and he can get his body right then post-Fletch he could have a shot.

Doesn’t help him that he’s often overlooked for younger players as his position is one that can be experimented with - essentially because he hasn’t shown enough in general to demand a spot on the field.

No trade value, sadly.

No way, plays a critical role.. as our #1 Bombershop clothes model.

This is why I have long argued for the straight swap, for Shaun Higgins.

Play him at KPF !

I mean, it's worked for Hurley and Carlisle.

Saw him yesterday at VFL with a hobble still from the injury against Sandy. A few weeks off VFL you'd think.

Tayte is only 24, still to reach his peak.

He will be back.

move him into the middle, have always liked him in traffic.

Not everyone is best 22. But we need guys like Tayte. He's one that although not best 22, is best 30. And without a few guys like him in your magoos that can step into the senior side when needed and do the job you won't get very far. Still an important part of our list whether playing 1's or 2's.

move him into the middle, have always liked him in traffic.

Me too!

Cooked!

Will be a struggle to ever make good on the early promise.

In all seriousness, why would he want to hang around after this year. He’s done imo, which is sad

I'm surprised he hasn't been tried as a midfield checker, or tagger. There's no real spot for him down back, and in any case he's not the defender he was. He's a good size though and moves well, and has neat skills even if he never kicks over 25 metres. He wouldn't look out of place in the midfield with his defensive skills playing as a lock-down player. Think it would suit him.

I thought, and still think, he has more talent than Hooker.

But his head obviously isn't where it should be.

Need to hold onto him though. If one of our taller backs did a knee, Pears would be playing.

I think he'd make a great FF.

Won't make it I don't think. Would love him to though.

Would love to see him in the midfield.