Former #17 James Stewart

No they went away from that, mainly as they lack enough quality pressure smalls around them and Lobb certainly doesn’t move like JD.

Lobb rucks now. And Patton is their fwd/ruck

I’m not convinced Lav will make it.

1 Like

They did add Himmelberg to their forward line mix who’s around 194, so they’re still playing a pretty tall forward line.

3 Likes

Ah yes right you are on him. More mobile setup than previous though which appears to be the key

One big brute and then very athletic running talls around them.

1 Like

Me too. I really hope we are wrong though.

2 Likes

Obviously they meant Guelfi.

3 Likes

It’s agility that counts, not just height.

1 Like

I hope he makes it but I have no idea what type of player he is.

Injuries haven’t helped.

1 Like

If the knock on him was he is too soft, then I think he has put that one to bed. He is a co competitive beast now.

1 Like

His field kicking into 50 to hit up players has been sensational. Walla on the run to put us into Finals. Hooker 1sr Round this year. There was another telling one last season but can’t recall the reciever.

Emerging gun.

EDIT: Colyer

2 Likes

mendoza-chef-meme.gif

1 Like

Yep, but it still shows that Chooka wouldn’t catch Buddy (sorry to bring that up Cale).

Gun. Stands up in that tackle to dish off to begley to kick our last goal. One of my favorite players now that he is using his strength.

3 Likes

That was my favourite Stewart moment of the game.

5 Likes

now that he has strength to use, was a beanpole that got pushed off it too easily last year.

1 Like

Jimmy S and I are best mates. What I said about not wanting him was always in jest!! :wink:
PS: Good ‘ol Dev is trying hard to prove I’ve got him wrong. Hope he succeeds!!

2 Likes

ESSENDON forward James Stewart is closing in on a fresh two-year contract extension with the club.

Stewart, 24, is the leading goalkicker at the Bombers this season with seven majors from three games and is set to put pen to paper.

“We’re having fruitful conversations with the club, both parties are working in good faith and it’s not far away,” agent Peter Jess told AFL.com.au.

“It’s just a matter of tweaking a few things.”

Stewart has provided the Bombers flexibility in the front half since his arrival from Greater Western Sydney, playing 19 of a possible 26 games.

The Bombers parted with pick 77 in the 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period to secure the son of former Collingwood forward Craig Stewart.

19 Likes

Good to see. He’s been one of the few players to have enhanced his reputation over the first 3 weeks of the season. A new contract would be just rewards for his performances since he broke into the senior team.

7 Likes

Delicious.

3 Likes

Very happy with this. Well deserved

1 Like