Former #17 James Stewart

Should engage beast mode more often, dude can’t be stopped when he’s fired up like he was yesterday.

1 Like

I can’t remember a player so badly misunderstood and under-rated by Blitz.

Has a lot of talent and is building really well, after clearly getting no coaching on how to play as a key forward at GWS.

Club rates him highly, and he’s a big part of our future. We would be complete idiots to let him go (and I don’t think we will).

11 Likes

Loved the celebration after that goal. in it to win it

2 Likes

Reimers?

Wait, no. Melk.

His development since being dropped has been promising, he was clearly sent back to learn how to play as a genuine KF and after some early teething issues, including his accuracy and leading patterns, has come on nicely.

He still has a ways to go, learning how to use his body, finding his running power, which seemed down on 2017 and learning to bring the intensity consistently will be the keys to his development as that number 2 tall.

1 Like

I don’t wanna lose Stewart especially to those prick$ on the cheap.
They’re clearly doing what they did to the, as in honing his craft in the twos.
From memory he was going ok before getting dropped so Worsfold obviously sees something worth keeping.
If he’s firing, joes firing, stringer, Bellchambers etc then heaven help whoever’s on them.
Look at him - he’s a gun.

3 Likes

I think you mean he’s got a gun.

1 Like

Two guns.

4 Likes

He said he shot Liberty Valance though…and didn’t. Cricketer John Hastings did. Sorry for the spoiler.

Granted poor, ‘twas the jape

1 Like

brown hartley stewart smack from these backups do we have one to many

No. 1 will not be a backup, but part of the 22 next year. So that leaves 1 back, 1 forward, and one who can play either end. Seems about right to me.

So Smack best 22 paired with JD?

Brown and Hart’s I think would accept being depth Stewart indicated not real happy with his 2nd half of year being out of team, if another side are offering the senior opportunity we may lose him

He’s not a fan of selection on merit?

He was awful till 4 weeks ago.

I read it as Brown will be with JD?

One back - Hartley
One forward - Stewart
One who can play both ends - Brown

The no. 1 in his post did appear to be Brown but the way he explained it seems otherwise because the only one who can/has played both ends is Brown.

@Reboot care to clarify?

They ought to try him through the midfield. Very agile and mobile for his size.

Sorry for the confusion mate. It wasn’t number 1. it was No, full stop, One will not be a backup … etc.

1 Like

Personally I think joe, stringer and smack is our best current attack as it stands because stringer rotated through the middle, you can then add tippa, raz and a bags/6th forward around them guys. Really you could toss a coin between brown, Stewart and smack, but geez mckernan was fkg good in most games he played this year. He gets first crack at it for mine. He’s too good to run around in the vfl and I reckon we saw clear improvement in him this year.

12 Likes

Yep. McKernan will get first crack.

3 Likes