Former #17 James Stewart

Watched him today.
I think his hairstyle is the least of his worries.

2 Likes

AFL tonight just reported that he’s hurt his groin. Won’t be available for selection for a couple of weeks at least.

So the McKernan v Brown v Stewart selection problem just got a little less complex.

5 Likes

And that franks an awful preseason for Essendon Football Club.

5 Likes

I’ll be over the moon if we win on Sunday the club needs a win first up desperately.

1 Like

Gown might get a game soon at this rate

Hartley forward

Before @theDJR gets in

1 Like

It remains a joke. But surely they have given it some consideration.

The very specific 197cm-200cm curse.

40 Lavender, Luke R 0 22yr 8mth 8 Jul 1996 200cm 92kg South Australia Forward
6 Daniher, Joe 100 25yr 4 Mar 1994 200cm 95kg Calder Cannons Forward
17 Stewart, James 45 25yr 4 Mar 1994 198cm 94kg Sandringham Dragons Forward
36 Hartley, Michael 41 25yr 9mth 7 Jun 1993 198cm 104kg Sydney University Defender
26 Hooker, Cale 175 30yr 5mth 13 Oct 1988 197cm 101kg East Fremantle
1 Like

So Stewart set for a recall back to the seniors this week?

I heard some whispers that he may have picked up an injury in the VFL on the weekend. Has that been confirmed/denied? I would bring him in ahead of Brown…

Think he had some strapping after half time

Didn’t think he played badly enough to deserve that.

8 Likes

Agreed. Much better marking target and sounds like Brown’s 5 goals were more crumbing style, not the role that McKernan was playing.
Injury report tonight, guess we’ll find out if he did pick anything up. I don’t recall seeing anything in the VFL thread though.

Paul Cousins on The Sash podcast said Stewart had a sore groin and was rested for a couple of weeks. Felt a small twinge at half time so sat out the rest of the match. Not injured as such, more a precaution. May play, may be rested, up to the medical staff.

I remember someone mentioning he was iced up after halftime, groin issue possibly? Can’t imagine he will come in after only a half of footy against b grade quality.

1 Like

Yep there ya go

Tall forwards seem to be in short supply (pardon the pun)

I just don’t understand the love for Stewart. People act like he’s a gun that is our missing link up forward.

He let himself down last season. He got dropped. Struggled at both AFL and VFL level. Was overtaken by Brown and McKernan. He hasn’t played an AFL match in nearly 12 months and didn’t even get a JLT match.

Now people want this guy to come in underdone and out of form.
Just Let him finish a few games in the VFL and force him to put is hand up for selection before we throw him in and expect him to be the forwardline saviour.

1 Like

I hope we don’t risk playing injured players. The game is too fast and too fierce to lose a player to a known injury. We need to have some faith in our depth. That’s why they’re on the list isn’t it?

1 Like