Former #17 James Stewart

Career average is exactly the same for both of them.

1 Like

I’m not convinced anyone would take him if he hadn’t played for 18 months, given we’ve had just about all our talls injured for bits of that.

You’d put Stewart into the Stringer and McKernan basket. As more stay put forwards. Joey is kinda in that basket too. Brown can stay put if needed, but he’s biggest value is his running. Joey is also in that basket.

So it’s more Stewart versus McKernan and Stringer and Stringer wins that, and then it’s based on form if McKernan or Stewart are switched on. They offer something, and I like Stewart, but McKernan has that extra potential edge to put him ahead of Stewart.

Sorry HAP but I go by what my eyes see, not CD stats.

Stewart is not bad in the stamina department. Has speed over Brown. Given the make-up of our current forward line, Brown’s skills are probably seen as more important. Incidentally - Stewart seems to have ditched the ridiculous shuffle in his run-up.

1 Like

So do I.
They’re both ordinary contested marks. So the stats back up what I see.
Joe and Hooksy are great, Smack is pretty good. Stewart and Brown are not that good.

In the first couple of rounds of last season Stewart and Begley were both in the top 5 for distance run.

From Crow’s injury repot.

One Don who won’t be playing this week is key forward James Stewart as the club continues to take a patient approach with his recovery from a groin injury.

“Last week we mentioned that James hadn’t run yet and was a little bit slow to get going – that’s still the case.

“We’re going to keep holding until he’s completely clear before starting his running progressions. Once we do that, he’ll be a couple of weeks away.

“He is a little bit slow to get started, but we’re really intent on getting this one right.”

See ya next year big fella

1 Like

Whats the latest with Stewart?

1 Like

still a week or 2 away

1 Like

One week away, according to him on Monday.

1 Like

At least 2-3 away, just started running. Has a huge rehab session just before this weekend’s VFL game.

He was a week or two away after round 1 of VFL.

Its beginning to sound a bit like Joe’s “4-6 weeks off” last last year.

3 Likes

It is groin soreness. Hopefully this poor guy doesn’t have OP too.

Jeez this is disappointing.

Amazing that we play this guy for half a game in the first VFL match before he then misses the remainder of the first half of the season.

Fair to say our fitness team have absolutely NFI how to identify or manage OP.

2 Likes

Does anyone though, really?? They still aren’t even sure what fkn causes it, and judging by ALL literature on it, OUR guys have done it by the book.

But that’s just not good enough I suppose, … they should be reinventing the wheel on OP, and being the ones that solve the fkn riddle of it once and for all eh?

Some people need to get a grip on reality about this condition.

Osteitis pubis is a common cause of chronic groin pain, especially in athletes. Although a precise etiology is not defined, it seems to be related to muscular imbalance and pelvic instability. Diagnosis is based on detailed history, clinical evaluation, and imaging, which are crucial for a correct diagnosis and proper management. Many different therapeutic approaches have been proposed for osteitis pubis; conservative treatment represents the first-line approach and provides good results in most patients, especially if based on an individualized multimodal rehabilitative management. Different surgical options have been also described, but they should be reserved to recalcitrant cases. In this review, a critical analysis of the literature about athletic osteitis pubis is performed, especially focusing on its diagnostic and therapeutic management.

1 Like

Some players bodies simply can’t cope with the physical demands of being an AFL footballer

One of the hardest sports in the league when you consider the expectation on running, jumping, twisting, being tackled/tackling etc

2 Likes

I would struggle to list more than a couple of other AFL players that have missed a significant chunk of time over the last 5 years. The fact we have one player who is basically missing his second straight season straight and another player in Stewart who likely to miss much of this season suggests to me we have an issue. I get that its a complicated thing - but surely after what happened with Daniher last year they wouldn’t have rushed him back this year and played him when sore - but no we did exactly the same thing. Playing Stewart against Frankston also seems to be have been a grave mistake.

Some may describe this as the definition of madness, repeating the same mistakes over and over.