Former #17 James Stewart

yes and its about fkn time. makes it so much easier for tippa, fantasia, stringer, smith et al

1 Like

No one is not giving Stewart credit, apart from maybe the opposition. Being a 3rd tall is not degrading, all it means is the opposition have their 3rd best defender on him and more often than not he will torch them

I know what a third tall is.

Some are suggesting that Stewart is only performing because he’s getting the third best defender!

I think he is better than that and will only get better.

3 Likes

Yes and there was always space in front of them.

Totally agree. Stewart is turning out to be an absolute steal. Very good and only getting gooder!

5 Likes

They’re also starting deeper it seems.

1 Like

I like that he’s multi-dimensional.

He can kick goals from a number of different ways which makes him a very tough match up.

He’s going to get gooder very fast.

2 Likes

Hooker not once deep back. :joy:

What a luxury if we don’t need to send him back. Kudos to Brown and Hartley’s games.

3 Likes

emphasized text

Edit. Apparently I have fat fingers and one to many beers in the gold lounge at Sydney airport

2 Likes

Interesting. That is a very different arrangement from what was originally proposed (essentially the previous proposal was long and thin and more or less matched the grassed area behind the Hangar).

Stewart was actually the one going back.

In the first qtr especially he was back there and it wasn’t for ruck duties.

So that is possesion only. Yeah, makes more sense. That actually makes me happy.

1 Like

Don’t wanna jinx it but… curse of the #17 jumper could be over.

I think they have identified that we need more aerial strength back there and Stewart and Heppell were drifting back.

The coaches have been spruiking the adjustments over the preseason at it appears they have actually done it.

Only one game but it’s positive.

1 Like

Lol at Collingwood

2 Likes

Was right behind that mark

A few Crows fans next to me were cursing

Plays the 3rd forward role brilliantly

Applies pressure

Keeps his feet

Good strong mark

Good at ground level

Leads with purpose

Good one on one

Kicks goals

6 Likes

If he continues will be able to move Hooker back

You are a dill, aren’t you?

2 Likes

I’m a dill lol

I won’t be the only person calling for Hooker back if Stewart dominates up forward