Former #17 James Stewart

Is the DJR familiar with this product ?..

These two are so much alike its uncanny, can someone post which one is DJR?

Fark youse all.

1 Like

Speaking of lookalikes …

Is that Tommy Bell??

They both have …eyes…

3 Likes

Think it might be time to update your avatar @thedjr

1 Like

No, not even vaguely.

Everytime this guy goes near the ball he brings a ferocious intensity, really trending upwards. I would love to get him to share whatever fuels his attack on the game witha few others.

As long as it doesn’t cost us a finals place, draft picks, $ and a few great men.

One of very few shining lights

We have killed his goal kicking though

1 Like

Basically a lone forward.

This bloke other than Dev Smith would be our best player this year i think. Live when you can see the work that he puts in off the ball he is even better, lightning quick for his size doing all the defensive running, presenting continually and athleticism of a small forward. Pretty much the opposite to daniher.

1 Like

Given the mess that is our ball movement, he couldn’t do much more, maybe aside from kick straighter but 2 of his misses were angled shots outside 50. Just his workrate, movement, etc. He is an example to our other forwards that hard work beats natural talent. Probably no prizes for guessing who I’m referring to, unless of course said individual is playing injured…

His contested work is his best feature I reckon.

He doesn’t allow his opponent to wrestle him so he continually pushes them away until he gets them off balance and then takes the ball.

Of his 20 possessions yesterday 14 were contested of which 4 were contested marks.

In a better team he would be on track for 60 goals.

2 Likes

One of our best yesterday however was involved in 2 of the dumbest plays all day in 2nd qtr when we were in front and had the chance to skip 2 or 3 goals up. The kick to Walla that missed him by 30 and the handballing escapade with I cant remember who. Momentum killers

1 Like

Stewart seems to be able to play tall and small. He is a great tackler and doesn’t seem to be burnt off by any defenders. On Anzac Day he spent too much time on the wing. He is far better value deep inside our fifty. He was our only effective forward yesterday

1 Like

Yeah the second one was the handball to stringer.

Bad skill errors are plaguing the side this year. It’s contagious.

Needs to learn to handball left hand

Where was Stewart today? I know the supply wasn’t great but it seemed like the only thing he did all day was drop contested marks.

Was one of only 5 players in the league to have kicked a goal in every round… until today