Former #17 James Stewart

Fantasia uses his body in a marking contest better than Stewart. Bit of work to do

Stewart is averaging less goals in the magoos than Hooker is in the ones. I’m not sure why people think he could adequately replace Hooker at AFL level.

He just doesn’t look like a contested marking threat to me. Perhaps he is an oversized lead-up player. I actually think Brown is a more genuine key position player.

3 Likes

I’m going to assume you haven’t seen him play this year!

I was under the impression from GWS supporters that he was weak in the contest, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

He is still lightly framed for his height but still young and I would say he definitely uses his body in marking contests and when attacking the ball or man at ground level!

What is this you say?

4 Likes

BRING
THE ■■■■
IN

1 Like

Fair point.

Hahaha.
I put about as much thought into my avatar as I did when making my horrendous username during a spare whilst in my high school computer lab in year 10 over a decade ago.

3 Likes

BRING HIM IN AND PUT HOOKER BACK

Na, play him as a third leading tall in place of Francis, who shouldn’t play seniors till he can at least Offer us 3/4 of competitive footy

7 Likes

He is the option we have and people want Hooker at FB where he belongs

Hooker is looking more and more dangerous by the week and him and joe are going to become a pretty good combo imo. We’ve been crying out for another tall forward to help joe out, and I think Cale will kick 40+ this year, he’s certainly on track. Why people want him to go back is fkn madness imo, sure, he’d be a great defender, but he is more value to the side up forward by a fair stretch

5 Likes

Stew forward, Franga back and Dea outski

3 Likes

Hooker seems to have that knack of getting his two goals every week, even in the Melbourne game where I thought he was badly beaten he still got a couple. Certainly starting to look more dangerous, should have kicked 4-5 yesterday.

I think Stewart should certainly be in line for the position Francis is currently playing, he is mobile and at least he is fit enough to play AFL.

2 Likes

Suits me… I think Francis should be in line for the position Dea is curently playing.

2 Likes

If Francis plays back, his opponent will run him up and down the ground for fun. At least as a forward you aren’t directly costing your team goals when you can’t keep up with someone.

This. If you could pop over to Facey and help me convince the Sashers this it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I think Francis should be in line for some 2k time trials

2 Likes

versus the IT Guy

3 Likes

More than 1 a day may require a cab

3 Likes