Former #17 James Stewart

He’s been the main target in 2’s, as a third tall in our team on 3rd best defender he should be able to have a strong impact.

Hooker deepest fwd. JD and Stewart giving us two tall leading fwds roaming up and down ground.

With Leuey being a spastic at taking marks around ground this will be helpful for us.

1 Like

Good luck to the guy.
I’m not convinced that he is good enough to be a league footballer. Granted that’s not based on much evidence, but I watched him last week (in horrible conditions) and he seems to run under the ball a bit, and didn’t have any obvious nous (eg didn’t recognise that kicks were travelling further when we kicked with the wind) but now he has made it into the team, I hope he gets a few weeks to show us what he has got.

1 Like

Good luck to him, glad to see him given a shot.

2 Likes

He still hasn’t learnt how to use his body in a marking contest. Surprising considering his age. He needs to get this happening otherwise he’s just a mobile forward

He and Daniher are not body on body types

I thought he was going to set the season record for the number of time named as emergency without playing a senior game. There goes that dream…

1 Like

We just farkin need a spark.

I hope he kicks 5 and surprises the bejesus out of all of us.

Cats won’t know much of him really.
Hope it might count for something,anything.

Kid can play.

2 Likes

As long as they don’t all lead to the same farking spot…

2 Likes

stewart would be the sort of spud thatd kick 7 goals against us, can he do it for us though?

Can’t wait for him to be starved of scoring opportunities.

2 Likes

You bet.
Nothing but net

What?

I’m not sure Daniher / Stewart / Hooker is going to work, but I’m glad we are trying it to see if it will work, rather than never trying it based on the assumption that it won’t work.

6 Likes

No Aaron Black
No Geelong.

1 Like

Will be our second best forward of the day I reckon.

Based on what I saw early in the VFL season, I thought Stew deserved the call up before Francis. Anyway, let’s see what happens now…

Stew can certainly run. In fact, can run so much that in the last match I saw he might have been running into Smack’s space too much…

Best of luck against a challenging opponent in Geelong, with their ample supply of talls.

Good luck to the young man in his first game in Red N Black

7 Likes

I have seen Stewart a number of times this year and to suggest he doesn’t use his body is not exactly true.

He is certainly not a stand and deliver type forward like Hooker but he certainly can use his body to out position an opponent. His main weapon is to run an opponent into the ground and is very agile for his size so that is definitely go to trick though!

3 Likes

Bar Daniher he was drafted in one of the shittest draft years for us. Hopefully he can make it better.

I think the overall draft was average in comparison to the more recent ones.

If Joe gets his kicking right he would have to have claims for number 1. Even without his kicking he would be close I believe!

I believe we will get a very solid player out of James. Seen him a few times this year and he has impressed me a lot with his work rate and also his ability to have an impact when things aren’t going well!

2 Likes