Former #17 James Stewart

I thought he was really good for his first game tonight. He’s always on the move and mostly gets into good positions. It also allowed Hooker to push back which is a bonus. He’ll only get better with more games.

Calling that idiot Darcy ‘moons’ means he’s in for the next three years.

10 Likes

“Thanks Moons!”

I was waiting for Darcy to reply “Say that again!!!”

4 Likes

J STEW

No. He shouldn’t have. Tonight was the call, … and an astute one it was.

3 Likes

Gotta keep him in. kicked 3 and did everything right without the ball too

1 Like

Love it. If only others here had such humility. Kudos.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying since we picked him up he’s a right footed JoeDan type

Same height, same age…exactly???

Can swing around and nail goals from 60+ out, contested mark beast

Loves his footy, loves a goal,

Can only get better from here.

1 Like

Good kick for goal, frees up Hooker to swing back and can work in front of an opponent.

Ends up becoming the stay at home forward with Hooker the swingman and Joey the ruck relief.

Confident goal kicker too. Lot to like.

1 Like

Not to be dropped!!!@!!@@@!!!

Looks good, seems a good third forward foil. Yes he’ll have some down games where he’s quiet but he’ll bob up with some 3’s and 4’s every so often too. Also means Hooker can go back for a few mins and us still have a target.

1 Like

The structure worked well last night, great debut from Stewart. Really like how it allows us to keep our structure when either Daniher goes into the ruck or Hooker swings into defence. It’s a small sample but perhaps his speed and agility give him the ability to play as a genuine third tall which could be very exciting addition to our side.

2 Likes

I always enjoy seeing an “underdog” player play well. I think our structure is better with the forward group being established around JD and Stewart which allows Hooker to swing fwd or back each quarter. But I’m also biased in that I’m in the Hooker back group.

Does it matter? Three in a half helped us win. Better output than who he replaces. Stays in easily for mine

A good start, now he has to back it up.

Love the freedom it gives Hooker to read the game.

1 Like

I think he actually got a bit knackered from about half way through the 3rd with the step up in pace, and his high work rate in the 1st half.

It’s alright, he’ll be fitter for the run, and if he stays as he should, will be up to holding a full charge in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

I like him

• Strong in the Air
  • Agile
  • Can kick straight
  • Aggressive

What more can you ask for from a KPF?

6 Likes

Good Bomber debut!

Excellent debut. Allows Hooker and joe to wander around without upsetting structure. Josh Jenkins role. I was impressed with him few years ago at Giants, glad we got him

1 Like

Well except he’s nothing like Josh Jenkins.

2 Likes