Former #17 James Stewart

Can field pass

4 Likes

James Stewart’s blind turn…?

Seriously though got some mismatches and exploited them. Exactly what we wanted.

Eagles defenders are very good at supporting so keeping McGovern honest and keeping the rest isolated is very important this. Get on your bike stew and Joe.

Also is the other roaming third tall for subi, just saying.

1 Like

It’s not having three talls that’s the thing. It’s the agility and Stewart and Joe are both extremely agile.

Sorry, Cale, but you’re not!

1 Like

LMAO.

“Grabs popcorn, settles into comfy couch”

This has all the makings of the start of a classic blitz shitfight. I wonder who will win?

3 Likes

Although not agile Hooker is surprisingly good below his knees which is why I think he works as a forward.

So exciting to have 6 forwards kicking all our goals on Saturday night. Stewart was a big part of that. Fingers crossed it is the beginning of something great up forward.

4 Likes

How good is it too see our key forwards strolling into uncontested marks right in front of goal. Made Mackie look like an absolute goon but that is what good forward organisation and good ball movement can do. We’ve been on the other end of that for years while JD Sat under highballs with three defenders mugging him.

It’s pretty exciting

6 Likes

Excellent debut. We got a bargain when we traded our 5th round selection to GWS for James Stewart. We should look for more bargains like this in the future. By the way my birthday is on the 4th March and I’m a twin too. A baby boomer of 1948.

1 Like

Lol it has been noted before but the blitz swear filter is bizzaro.

L-M-A-O is blocked but S-Fight gets through.

I like what Stewart brings, but he’ll need to develop IMHO.

Cale may not look a natural forward but he competes 100% of the time and is such a beast, he will always be a threat up forward. He hasn’t come close to hitting form at all this year, yet has 14 after 8 rounds and is on target for 40 goals. Put simply, Cale will never go missing for us, he will present time and time again and always be a threat. I also think he provides amazing support for Joey both being a physical presence and wise head up forward. Plus, he’s an elite backman.

Stewart has the potential to be great but he’s behind Cale IMV.

How this works with our abundance of talls will be fascinating. I’m not interested in rotating talls at all.

I think Brown will suffer ultimately, but Hurls, Hartley and Ambrose all have rights to command a spot down back.

Daniher, Cale (who is possibly our best back but has sacrificed himself for the team (unlike Jake who sooked)) and Stewart are the same up forward.

Then there’s Francis who is the X Factor who needs to be developed and not left lanquishing in the 2s all year.

Plus Belly, who is more than capable of kicking 1 or 2 on any given day resting up forward.

How it all works I’m not sure… Cale, Hurls, Joe are the locks at the moment. I think Ambrose is our best stopper down back when fit. After that, I’m undecided.

I think you may be underselling Stewart a little.

I have seen him quite a bit this year and he never stops presenting.

Although I agree he has a long way to go to catch Hooker, I believe it wont be through lack of trying.

2 Likes

Big men with pace are such an advantage. Bulldog’s Wood, is a classic example. It was terrific to see young James lead Blicavs to the ball for his run in goal. Then in the last to pursue with intent and then win the ball on the wing was great. He may be set for a very successful career. Let’s hope!

4 Likes

Hooker is also 28 and has a heap more AFL level experience than Stewart.

At same age most of blitz wanted Hooker traded

For a kpp Stewart is tracking well and has all the attributes needed of a modern day tall fwd.

7 Likes

I suppose that’s technically true because 2012 (at the same age) was the year he refused to be traded to West Coast.

Fixed

2 Likes

James ‘Twinkle Toes’ Stewart.

And we play the eagles this week so hopefully they kick to him instead of JJK.

Easton wood is big? He’s quick for a 3rd tall back man but he’s also small for that role

Really like him

Please keep playing him. Our fwd line is much better with him presenting, frees Joey up to go further up the field.

Easy mistake to make

I thought everyone knew this is Cam Mooney

3 Likes

Thank God for that, I had no idea who he was talking about when he said “Wood”.
Everyone knows who “Easton Wood” is, but WB don’t have anyone called “Wood” do they?