Former #17 James Stewart

It was also ony his 19th gameand 1st with us. If he keeps showing plenty of ticker, in another year or 2 we could have our own version of Buddy and Roughy. Big call but it is possible.

2 Likes

I like the way you think.

1 Like

Now that doesn’t get said to me very often

2 Likes

Constantly being told you need to make a better case?

1 Like

If he is capable of this week in or out, we have got a bargain in him.

They would require some celeb couple type compilation name then wouldn’t they??

Joim??

Danistew?

Danihart?

JoeStew. With a side of GreenRazTippa.

5 Likes

Neily.

1 Like

Staggered by some of the comments in this thread - the suggestions that he’s only a third tall, can’t take a contested mark, or that he’s too similar to Hooker, are all miles off.

From what I’ve seen of him (only in the VFL so far), he strikes me as a pretty good prototype for future KPFs.

His agility, speed and athleticism means we can have an overhead and leading marking target without sacrificing as much in the way of ball movement when we are heading inside 50, or defensive pressure once the ball is in there.

Very early days, but some really positive signs I think.

5 Likes

I agree!

Seen him i the VFL all but the Port game and in each game he has found different ways to score goals and stay involved in the game.

More than a one trick pony!

Jamdan?

Stewher

A bit psycho serial killer… but hey, all to their own.

2 Likes

Jimmyjoe.

Alternatively: Joeyjim.

Scratch that: Joey joe joe junior Shabado.

This thing practically writes itself.

7 Likes

Could just run with a simple JJ

Watched the replay, that 2nd goal of his was a ripper. Seemed pretty simple. We broke from the backline, Watson to Parish, Parish to Walla. Stewart was in the back half and sprinted with Blicavs (spelling) running along side him down the wing into the fwd line where he ran onto Walla’s kick and slotted it. Isn’t Blicavs meant to be elite 400m or 2km Aussie athlete??? Stewart must have a fair bit of pace to out run him over 100m+, that is for sure. Looking forward to seeing him develop. Leave him in.

5 Likes

He isn’t going anywhere.

2 Likes

Which is the way I like it. Forward line seemed more balanced with him in and he’ll get better with more games under his belt. Also a chance to built some momentum in the side, which he didn’t get at GWS

Herwart

1 Like