Former #17 James Stewart

Just needs to stick his arms out when going for his marks instead of always going for chest marks

1 Like

I’m not convinced it’s hindsight. We were 6 points behind at the time and we desperately needed at least 1 point. I was spewing at the time when he didn’t have a shot. With his accurate kicking he would have easily got a point at least.

1 Like

Stewy will want to produce a better game this week. I doubt you could justify his spot next week if he doesn’t perform.

That said I feel like a few tweaks to his game and he will come good.

He’s been average or below average for 10 quarters straight.

1 Like

So he already has the the team ethos down perfectly.

Stewie will be fine. Is structurally good for the side and is still learning the game. He has come from a different club and playing in a pretty average comp and has performed decent enough so far. Will never be a superstar but if we can get a couple of goals a game from him that will be fine.

1 Like

Laverde - Daniher - Walla
Stewart - Francis - Fantasia

it’s amazing how some players form and performance can fluctuate so quickly! ala Zaka, hooker, leunberger, gleeson etc etc

1 Like

I hope he plays like he has something to prove this weekend.

3 Likes

Please drop immediately.

Should be brought back in for Port after having the last two weeks off.

6 Likes

I just don’t think he is an overly smart footballer

1 Like

Had the chance to clean someone up on one of their hospital passes inside 50 with a big bump or tackle and didn’t. Tentative effort and they scored on the back of it. Gotta play tough and play hungry.

I dunno where Francis is at with his fitness but either he, Langford or McKernan needs to be next in line for this third tall forward role.

Plays like he’s 5ft 3 and 60kgs

Maybe he has what the chick from Shallow Hal had, but opposite.

Jokes aside- needs a spell.

He’s got talent, but plays a little soft.

I’m a Stewie fan but he wasn’t good tonight. Still reckon he is the least of our problems though

He and we need to play to his strengths. Don’t think we are.

Also thought there was a slight betrayal of a potential case of nerves/inhibitions Jackson Merrett style? Doesn’t seem to be a naturally confident/“just go and play” sort of player.

I thought he was really poor for the second week in a row. He did not get many opportunities but when he did he made a meal of them. Will be lucky to hold his spot.

I think that though the talent level in our forward line has increased dramatically - our delivery to our talls, and our movement in the 50, is still greatly lacking. There’s a lot of work to do there yet.

Yeah,… could have a confidence issue. Thankfully, that is not too difficult to fix most of the time in modern footy.