Former #17 James Stewart

3 goals in his first two quarters, 2 goals from his next fourteen quarters.

Not doing enough atm.

Just seems confused & scared when he has the ball

Personally I think it’s really difficult to fix

Can only speak from a teen perspective, … but over the years, I’d say it was only about 1 or 2 in 10 that couldn’t eventually find their way past just a lack of confidence.

He has had a block of games and unfortunately seems to have tapered off a bit. I think its time to go back and work on his game again. But he is still absolutely essential depth for our 2 KPFs

Francis got dropped off 13 touches / 4 marks / 3 shots / 3 tackles
Langford 15 touches / 5 marks / 2 shots / 3 tackles

Stewart just had 9d / 5m /2 shots / 1 t

There’s certainly a discussion to be had

Langford also kicked 2 goals

Had 3-4 opportunities for goal yesterday, missed them all, does go missing for big patches of games. However, I do like him as that third tall option.

Two poor games. Certainly couldn’t complain if he was dropped. I’d probably keep him in - I want Francis doing the right things before being promoted and I don’t think he is.

Maybe X Richards may have been a better option? Need someone with a bit more X factor.

If he was in any other jumper than Essendon he could have offered that hand off and not been called play on

That keeps happening to us and us only and it’s doing my fkn head in.

Either way, he should back himself from 40+ out like JoeDan.

GWS knew his capabilities and limitations IMO.

Possibly. Even if they rated him, if they rated him behind Patton/Lobb/McCarthy/Cameron then he wasn’t going to get game time. And its not like they haven’t let quality go cheap before - see Bruce at St Kilda.

Had responded well so far tonight

2 Likes

Plays like a mid sized forward, great addition to the team

He’s slippery

4 Likes

Liking Stewart’s ability to get to contests & make a contest in the forward line.

Was reading knightmares phantom draft bio on Stewart and said he looked better in the backline than up forward.

Would love to see him given an opportunity down back tonight if we’re way ahead in the 4th quarter.

Fantastic tonight. Best game for the club.

2 Likes

Was very good tonight and freed up Hurls to play his game, really helps the team when the structure is right.

Was surprised by his strength in the contest tonight. 12 contested possessions and he also showed a bit of close-in skill that I wasn’t expecting to see. Good effort.

2 Likes