Former #17 James Stewart

Someone told him he’s a big guy tonight. Did some good body work, in marking contests and in general play.

4 Likes

I thought we was ignored a.number of times last week when he was one out.

Stewie will be a little gem for us.

1 Like

He’s very good below his knees for a big man too.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Has a great work ethic and he gets a lot more of the footy than I thought he would. Solid modern day forward and the forwardline functions very well with him in it.
I think we will look back at him being a steal for the club.

1 Like

More of the same please James!

Very impressive.

1 Like

No they didn’t

1 Like

Engage!!!

What I really liked last night was he worked hard like an inside mid on occasions. He is a hard beast to bring down and he was just wrecking some of the Port softcocks

1 Like

20 possessions. 6 marks. 2 goals.

Great game.

You’d take that from your third tall any day.

Wouldn’t have probably expected him to be so involved possession wise but moves so well for a big guy, the mobility of JD and Stewart is great.

6 Likes

Was awesome as the link up man out of defensive 50.

I was calling for a stint in the vfl, so, you’re welcome.

Now I want to see that in a tight game!

1 Like

Fifth game for the club.
Hooker kicked five.

A few suddenly curiously absent from this thread.

3 Likes

I was one of those who wanted him dropped, loved his game last night. Didn’t know he had such evasiveness.

1 Like

That first goal on the run outside of the boot. That’s small forward stuff. He and Joe might redefine the baseline for a tall forward.

1 Like

Really like his speed hitting up to the ball and his speed working back behind it. He’s a really awkward match up if he plays his natural game

1 Like

I didnt think he had that in him to be honest. Hadn’t seen anything resembling that attack on the ball and teh contested work. Very pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Wonderful game. He is a serious athlete, super quick and agile for his size. Love the way leads up at the ball carrier, you’d think there is plenty of upside with him which is exciting.

3 Likes

Hooker had about to 50 games of people doubting him etc… Stewart’s barely played 20 games and output is already really promising. Will only get a lot better from here.