#18 Michael Hurley -- now coaching

I don’t want to derail the Hurley thread anymore than I have already done, so this is my last comment on the matter.

The AFL should have let Jobe keep his Charlie out of respect for the AFL Doping Tribunal’s decision. A symbolic finger up to CAS. He copped a ban. There was no need to humiliate him further. He handed it back, but was about to be tapped for it. As you said, it’s the AFL & optics are all that matters.

5 Likes

I’ve been a Hurley fan since he started with Essendon, but I have to admit that today against GWS he was at best utterly ineffectual. Time to relegate him to the Magoos for a few weeks. Replace him with Zerk or Hartley. At least they show heart.

3 Likes

Takes him 10 rounds to warm up , he’ll come good.

1 Like

Perce, pls.

Hartley Is not the answer

5 Likes

He’d be better than Hurley was today. He tries his erse off and at least he gives a shyte. Give him some responsibility and show trust in him: I believe he’ll repay that in spades.

Ease up. Hurls has a big heart.

Hartley…

Francis and Ridley are the only ones I have any faith in from the talls that player today.

Hurls is a shell of what he was and should be, he has lost the fierceness that was his hallmark and now he looks defeated before the ball even gets there, he just looks confused and frustrated.

4 Likes

So does my nan. Hook her up with a guernsey for next week will ya Hepp.

I’m sure she wouldn’t mind taking a weekend off knitting.

EFA

2 Likes

Dont put this loss on Hurley.

Its on everyone.

Who’s “putting the loss on Hurley”?

He was one of many incompetents today, the worst of whom was Worsfold.

But this is the Hurley thread !

1 Like

Agree.

The whole team were garbage today but it goes to show how overated and overhyped our players are. Hurley on $800,000 plus was out marked by Keeffe on minimum match payments.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed the last few weeks hes been whinging alot. needs to get that out of his game and focus

1 Like

He’s been sooking since he got suspended

3 Likes

Yeah doesn’t know what to do with his hands.

One thing “the beast” needs removing from this title.

1 Like

Overcapitalising on talls has been a cornerstone of the clubs failed philosophy. Keefe once again showed that when you are dominating the midfield running game you can make any average forward look good.

1 Like

He’s been a liability for 2 years.

5 Likes