#18 Lewis Hayes

Why are these guys finding it so hard to put weight on?

It’s pretty easy, get yourself a bag of chips and any soft drink of your choice and then binge on any show you fancy. It’s important you stay seated as long as possible, so ensure you have someone handy for any refills you require.

2 Likes

These skinny blokes are not breaking down every week… Ir, as is possible, they have initial stress issues they organically grow out of…

2 Likes

Hayes reminds me of Darcy Moore a little, obviously hair not as good but playstyle is similar.

Moore is seriously quick and plays on at all costs to launch offensive chains. He’s very unique.

I’ve only seen Hayes for a quarter here and there this year but does he have this in his kitbag?

Moore is a hell of a benchmark to compare to for a key back. Even in playing style.

1 Like

I think the speed is there, like Moore. At least he tested fairly quick from memory. @THE_DON1 would know.

Probably a bit over the top by me to call him the next Darcy Moore tbh :eyes:

Oh please. I didn’t say anything about him being light framed.

I’m more concerned by the fact that he’s, you know, constantly injured.

1 Like

Sure tall defenders take until they are >24 until they grow into their bodies and have reliable and consistent output. I can live with that it makes sense.

But and it’s a big but, how does that somehow defend Adrian, surely if this is common knowledge he could have factored it into the succession planning for Hooker and Hurley. Absolute disaster that they retire and we ■■■■ away 4 years waiting for tall defenders to grow into their bodies. I mean it’s not like he could have foreseen Hooker and Hurley might retire once in their 30’s and drafted these raw talls 4 years earlier so we weren’t in this predicament.

If Reid and Cox where fit and 24/25 nobody would be complaining. Instead we are in the awkward phase of them dealing with recurring body issues.

It’s poor planning, it’s poor list management and Adrian doesn’t get a free kick for it. Further he won’t be vindicated if they do come good in say 2026 as that will be years wasted between the two H’s retiring.

1 Like

I guess you are right, Dodoro is responsible for all the back stress fractures.
He’s probably responsible for Mosquito doing an ACL and not returning.

Hayes tested quick but wouldn’t say I see him use it much in a game. Moore is a different beast the only player I could see pay anything like him is currently playing forward for the Lions, and no it’s not Joe :joy:

2 Likes

Way to completely miss my point. Even if Reid and Cox where healthy you wouldn’t expect much from a 20 year old anyway. They needed to be 20 year olds getting mentored by hooker and Hurley 4 years ago so they where 24/25 now. That is on Dodorro, age profile and succession is his responsibility. He might not be responsible for injuries but he should be allowing for it in the way he constructs a list.

1 Like

Pretty sure Cale Hooker was less than 84 kg when he started out. Not sure what Ridley was but he’s now over 90.

What the website says.

Lewis Hayes?

Ha. There you go. We were talking about different players.

I meant Reid.

Ah, all good :smile::+1:

Yeah and picking up that injury prone nobody Peter Wright…surely should have done due diligence on his shoulder. And Ridley, been concussed twice; clearly Dodoro’s fault for picking such a fragile player. Don’t get me started on Nick Hind in the chicken shop, clearly Dodoro’s fault

Tayte Pears came good far earlier than Rance…but then those hip problems.

3 Likes

Alex pierce is one of the best defenders in the league and he’s spent more than half his career in the rehab group.

Charlie Curnow is the best forward in the game FARKCARLTON and he couldn’t get himself on the park either.

6 Likes

The bruised pancreas didn’t help, either. And the broken leg. And foot.

2 Likes

FB: Pears
CHB: Hooker
C: Myers
CHF: Gumbleton
FF: Hurley
R: Ryder

3 Likes