#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Am i crazy or is he already looking bigger?

Shhhhhh!
'Boot: will you ask old man Mutch why he named his son after a city in Japan ?
What's your beef with that?

Kobe beef ? Wag you, Noodle.

That one was a bit of a stretch. Was a little too mutch that time

Oh, can I have a guess, please?
Because - he slips easily out of tackles?

How ā€œmutchā€ weight do you reckon? Probably all that ā€œeelā€ heā€™s eating!

Iā€™ll see myself out.

Is it because he is our big fish?

Thatā€™s finny

Thinking in sport has shifted from the idea that time is best spent working on your weaknesses to time is best spent developing your strengths. Of course it would be great for Mutch to become elite with both feet, but it's certainly more achievable for him to become elite on one side if efforts are focused on that particular goal.
Yes and No, it is the ability to kick with both feet that helped make Sam Mitchell into the player he is. It is a mighty good skill to have and one most players, would love to have.

Well he can kick with both feet. Nobody is suggesting anything other than that is a good thing. But if he is to become an excellent kick, itā€™s more likely that he will achieve that goal if he focuses his efforts on one side. In most occasions players have the opportunity to turn onto their preferred side. It also makes the more predictable to their teammates.

You can be an excellent kick on both feet - A few examples - Mitchell, Hawkins, G.Williams and D.Jarmanā€¦

Yeah, itā€™s pretty likely that pick 42 in the draft will meet that standard. A completely realistic and achievable objective.

Everybody has to start somewhere. He already has a good head start over players who are predominantly one sided.

I see a bit of Will Hams in this boy. If he has Wills heart and desire and from all reports is an excellent kick andā€¦ gets the ball as much as he did in the TAC heā€™ll be a beauty

Is this why?

Perhaps like an eel the ā€œMutchsā€ spend their adolescence in fresh water, from creeks to swamps, lakes and man made dams. At some point in their life (up to 20 years on) they feel a calling and will move into tidal rivers or creeks (often slithering over grassland to get there). They will migrate down the waterway into the ocean, eventually making their way out to the continental shelf and following this until they reach the coral sea where they will give birth to hundreds of ā€œelverā€. The young and the old will then migrate back to the same rivers and creeks they migrated from, and so forms the incredible journey of the eel.

Or

perhaps he has a pretty big ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Heā€™s done well. I mean for an eel to grow arms is astounding.

Hopefully heā€™s electric on the field.

Is this why?

The cold, dead eyes of a killer.

Pure Conga

I just hope once he takes the field he is a cutthroat eel.

When he was a little boy, they called him the ā€œelverā€, a baby eel.

Then he and his mate had the fancy hairdo, the flared white satin pants and started singing ā€œAre You Lonesome Tonight?ā€

The first of the elvers impersonators.

AN, are you lonesome tonight ?

you guys are so funny im in stitches

'Boot: will you ask old man Mutch why he named his son after a city in Japan ?
What's your beef with that?

Kobe beef ? Wag you, Noodle.

Udon yet?

When he was a little boy, they called him the "elver", a baby eel.

Then he and his mate had the fancy hairdo, the flared white satin pants and started singing ā€œAre You Lonesome Tonight?ā€

The first of the elvers impersonators.

Thatā€™s seriously terrible. :slight_smile: