#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Is it just me, or does the sense of optimism seem REALLY high around this bunch of draftees? I feel all of McGrath, fridge, Ridley, Mutch and possibly even Clarke could be very good prospects

I haven’t felt like this about a bunch of draftees since the GUMB/LEROY/ hislop draft. Hope it works out a bit better

1 Like
Is it just me, or does the sense of optimism seem REALLY high around this bunch of draftees? I feel all of McGrath, fridge, Ridley, Mutch and possibly even Clarke could be very good prospects

I haven’t felt like this about a bunch of draftees since the GUMB/LEROY/ hislop draft. Hope it works out a bit better

Geez WOB, I’m the opposite. I thought last year was through the roof, and this year is a bit flat. Sure, all of them have shown something, but Parish and Francis last year were instant hype trains.

I think when we see that Ooh Aah can handle the luggage, then everyone may relax a bit more regarding this years draftees. Still a bit of uncertainty around I reckon.

It doesn’t help that nobody really expects to see much of any of them in the seniors this year. In our unique circumstance we have better recruits to see perform and lift us to higher goals.

Clarke is getting nothing but he could even be the smokey, dominant mid, it’s a good bunch on potential that’s for sure.

You know Dodoro and co seemed to have been nothing short of brilliant during the draft sanctions.

Plus I think quite obviously they’re possibly learning from their mistakes within a system that is far from an exact science.

What I’m really excited by, is the ‘list’ has such a fantastic core group of quality players, that I think their influence will give these guys the best chance of success.

We always look to the idea that the coaching group is the most influencing factor in developing young players, and it probably is.

But team mates driving standards is just so important also.

We hated them early, no Mcluggage/ ■■■■■■■ short defender no 1 WTF, skinny never heard of reach, fat bloke reach, spastic, can’t kick… spud, red head no mates delistee

Months of no evidence and a little magic blitz dust goes by.

Clear number 1- Rober Shaw is the fabric, where were they hiding this Ridley kid, FRIDGE kicks like Plugger (probably better, certainly younger), ambidextrous freak, Beast, potentially better than Betts and he looks like Bewick!!

1 Like
We hated them early, no Mcluggage/ ■■■■■■■ short defender no 1 WTF, skinny never heard of reach, fat bloke reach, spastic, can't kick... spud, red head no mates delistee

Clear number 1- Rober Shaw is the fabric, where were they hiding this Ridley kid, FRIDGE kicks like Plugger (probably better, certainly younger), ambidextrous freak, Beast, potentially better than Beats and he looks like Bewick!!

It’s called Blitzophrenia …

We hated them early, no Mcluggage/ ■■■■■■■ short defender no 1 WTF, skinny never heard of reach, fat bloke reach, spastic, can't kick... spud, red head no mates delistee

Clear number 1- Rober Shaw is the fabric, where were they hiding this Ridley kid, FRIDGE kicks like Plugger (probably better, certainly younger), ambidextrous freak, Beast, potentially better than Beats and he looks like Bewick!!

1 Like

Kids a ball magnet. Definitely reminds me of Parish. Keen

Would pick up 40 disposals for the Pioneers on occasions. Never injured also is encouraging. Those in the know at the Pioneers, who I have spoken to, reckon we have picked up a 'steal' at 43 (or whatever pick he was. I was about that I think.)
1 Like
Would pick up 40 disposals for the Pioneers on occasions. Never injured also is encouraging. Those in the know at the Pioneers, who I have spoken to, reckon we have picked up a 'steal' at 43 (or whatever pick he was. I was about that I think.)
and we pinched him from GWS's academy
and we pinched him from GWS's academy

Was really pleased when the Giants passed on our bid. He’s going to be a great contributor for many years I hope. Hopefully he’ll play at some point in the JLT series.

Didn't look out of place at all. Reads the ball well. Good disposal,good pace.

Has he got good pace? Highlights suggest no, and he described himself as a slow midfield plodder (as a junior) just trying to get as much of the ball as he can. Doesn’t seem to mind in and under stuff and has the Selwood drop down to a fine art. Could he be something like a Priddis? Any comparisons more accurate?

Has he got good pace? Highlights suggest no, and he described himself as a slow midfield plodder (as a junior) just trying to get as much of the ball as he can. Doesn’t seem to mind in and under stuff and has the Selwood drop down to a fine art. Could he be something like a Priddis? Any comparisons more accurate?

Sam Mitchell was labelled a slow midfield plodder. If he can find it 30 times a game who cares. Kid looks the goods. Would love to see him in JLT

Sam Mitchell was labelled a slow midfield plodder. If he can find it 30 times a game who cares. Kid looks the goods. Would love to see him in JLT

He’s no jet, but he’s not slow either. Just one of those guys that lopes along.
And he sure as ship finds the ball.

I didn’t mean fast, just not slow.

But yes, if you’re slow, and can’t read the play- you ain’t playing many AFL games.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeef

Remember this guy? He was notoriously slow.

Went all right but.

By mid season The Eel will be a cult figure. He has a certain way about him on and off the ground that fans are going to love.

1 Like

I’d like to formally float the idea of adding a question mark to the end of the thread title.

I'd like to formally float the idea of adding a question mark to the end of the thread title.

I’m Ron Burgundy?