#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Worthy of a bump. How is Pazza?

3 Likes

He reminds me of a young Angus Young

2 Likes

Avg 16 touches, 10 kicks, 11 effective disposals, 73% disposal efficiency.

Sore. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

2 Likes

1 Like

He isnā€™t quick but If he could develope a good dummy off either side of his body it could open the game up for him.

Heā€™s very brave in the air and isnā€™t afraid of contact but needs to find a way to become more damaging if heā€™s going to make it.

Thank yo Maxx. 73% efficiency is pretty good for an inexperienced player.

Bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none, solid on both the inside and outside, good enough disposal without it ever being a weapon. I think Mutch reads the play a fair bit better than other VFL players though and knows when its his turn to go/ hold off/ where to be to provide a release.

I was bullish on him last year, and I still reckon heā€™s a prospect, but he needs to add another string to his to be a viable senior player IMO. Learning some forward craft would be a good step forward.

Two mates with ā€œiā€™m with stupidā€ t-shirts?

2 Likes

Especially for a player that doesnā€™t bomb long, as long kicks count as effective no matter the outcome.

Decent size, brave and commits to a role for four quarters. Richmondā€™s built a team around numerous former spuds like thisā€¦ Mutch has a career doing what heā€™s doing, just needs to do it at a slightly more berserker level.

1 Like

Finds the footy well with his reading of the play and positioning. At VFL level in those finals he copped a massive number of heavy hits and lost possession, seemingly because he doesnā€™t accelerate enough when he gets the ball and is light on for size, so they line him up and catch him easily, so imo he is probs not solid enough to play on the inside at AFL level (yet)

Given he is not quick the best thing Kobe can do is hit the gym hard and put on some serious strength and size. Become a Kennedy.

5 Likes

Is super willing and courageous but I would be pleasantly surprised if he makes it.

2 Likes

If he stacks on muscle I see him being less Kennedy and more of a jacked Heppell

1 Like

Heā€™s a guy who I look at and think no-one will really know if heā€™s up to it until he develops the body to match his game.

2 Likes

Watched him in the finals. Not quite there yet.

Death by a thousand cuts type player. Jury still out but I can still see the promise.

1 Like

Post 1000. (Last post wouldā€™ve been appropriate here)
Yes!

Which is why I think a bulked up Mutch who can rack up possessions around the contest would be good.

I think a Clarke maybe be better at this role though.