#19 Nick Hind

Concur.
I think he’ll be useful for them, and would have been (slightly less) useful for us, but I’m pretty happy to back Mossie to be better than that.

Agreed.

And Ham is already having training watchers taking notice, both with pace and clean ball use so recruitment team got their outside cover.

Any number of other players can play HBF if Mckenna missed. Guelfi. Long. Ridley etc

1 Like

I had the opposite thoughts. People are talking like he’s already in the St Kilda team based off basically no evidence other than his VFL form last year

We had the chance to pick Hind but we went with Mozzie. honestly if i had to pick between the two, id go Mozzie every time

4 Likes

The irony: we demand another half back flanker!

(PS. I would have been happy if we’d drafted him. But even happier with Mozzie).

1 Like

Based on what ? Neither of them have played a single AFL game.

1 Like

Nah just based on how sh*t st kilda are

3 Likes

Mature age players are expected to play in their first season. If recruiters dont expect that they will not draft them. By definition that is based on form 1 level down.

Is Mozzie a running half back flanker? Why are we comparing the two?

1 Like

I think he would be in their best 25, may not play round 1, but will play when they get injuries…
And they will play him to see if he can adjust to the speed at the next level.
Then it depends if his disposal can be worked on, or is up to scratch.
But at least he is in a full time professional environment now, so should improve somewhat.

So you expect Jok to play this season?
I doubt the club expected that when they drafted him

2 Likes

Never generalise on Blitz.

Can I weasel my way out of this?
Jok was a Rookie, Hind was actually taken in the main draft , Right?

That is a fair point and I was thinking about that when I posted.

I like Hind and hole he goes well. I just think people are jumping the gun assuming he’ll be in the team from round 1 regardless of how crap they think st Kilda are

If the Saints want a gameplan involving leg speed, then Hind plays. They don’t have alternatives.

1 Like

Everything is an assumption this time of the year.

1 Like

Its not a playing position comparison.
Its a draft pick comparison.
We would not have been able to pick both even if we wanted to.

Nick will be in their best 22. If not at the start of the season, then very soon after. He has his faults, but every player does. And the one thing he has in abundance, that St Kilda lack, is leg speed. They need players like him.

2 Likes

and Matt Parker

i have a sophisticated assessment process where i look at age, talent & potential, current team needs, and infectious smile. Mozzie won by a landslide

7 Likes