1984 Premiership Croc Pot Port

We are painting our house and in the shifting of things I found a Commemorative Croc Pot Premiership Port of the 1984 Premiership side. It features a colour photo of the team, match details and the names of the players. I remember buying it in the city the day after the Grand Final win and having it signed by Simon Madden, Tim Watson, Terry Daniher and Gary Foulds  who were doing a promotional visit. 

The bottle is unopened and it says that the wine was from Smith & Sons from Yalumba in Anguston South Australia.

Does anyone else have / remember this memorabilia?

I wonder what the Port in it is like? If anyone remembers drinking it I would appreciate some feedback about it.

What do you think its monetary value would be?

Do you think our Hall of Fame museum would be interested in it?

I remember the Commemorative Port, but did not buy one, so cannot help you there.

Try ringing or writing to EFC re Hall of Fame, think they are the only one's who could help you with that.

Like most wine it may depend on how it’s been stored (not too hot and reducing temperature fluctuations are critical). I know a few people at Yalumba, including a winemaker, and will make some enquiries as to what to expect after 30 odd years.

Monetary value - The last few on ebay have gone between $25-$40

I’ve got one of them too. I’ll post a pic later.

I have a bottle of premiership port but it’s not for a particular year. It has a gold Essendon emblem and list all 12 premiership years up until 1965 so it must be from around 81-83.

I bought Dad one, I think he still has it, will check on the weekend. I've got the 2000 one, will open it when we win our next flag.

The old man that lurks here has one of the 84. If got the 93 football shaped one which is totally impractical for storage etc

So with all these aged ports who is supplying the Stilton?

Like most wine it may depend on how it's been stored (not too hot and reducing temperature fluctuations are critical). I know a few people at Yalumba, including a winemaker, and will make some enquiries as to what to expect after 30 odd years.

Thanks

I have the 1984 and 1985 port croc pots.

Surprised a bottle of anything survived the evening.

Yeah I have inherited the 84 and 85 ports from my dear Aunty (RIP). Although they have limited monetary value, the two bottles are priceless to me.

I’ve got the 84,85 and 2 thou ones, did we do a 93 one ?

I've got the 84,85 and 2 thou ones, did we do a 93 one ?

yeah, theres one thats shaped like a footy. white. doenst have a photo on it though

1984 was sweet as bro! so was the port!

My uncle has the 84 and 85 ones opened last time I remember. "The probably taste like ■■■■" was he's reasoning why they were never opened.

Pretty sure an old school mates dad had a 93 one Johnny.