1996 blackout game v st kilda

Can anybody assist me with a dvd copy of the 1996 blackout game v st kilda at vfl park??

i can offer a reasonable swap in return.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

thank you

Can proudly say I was born on the night that game was finished

The delayed last quarter was the first appearance of Justin Blumfield, iirc. So he became the only player to play a game despite not being in the side when the game started.

Remember it well. I still can’t believe the level of racial abuse Hird copped.

Seriously, I don’t have the first match. I do have a half-hour recap of footage post-lights-out, debate, and Oakley announcing the second game on the Sunday. Plus the second game, and then some reports in which Harvs and O’Donnell savage Justin Madden and the AFLPA for sanctioning the second match without any consultation with the players.

The Sunday coverage includes an unrelated short interview with Graham Moss, and Don Scott eviscerating scaremongers Ross Glendenning and Andrew Maher. If that happened nowadays, Scott would have his AFL accreditation removed instantly, for being right.

I remember it very well. The game was on, everything was going ok and then suddenly the game went dark…

Remember it well. I still can’t believe the level of racial abuse Hird copped.

Seriously, I don’t have the first match. I do have a half-hour recap of footage post-lights-out, debate, and Oakley announcing the second game on the Sunday. Plus the second game, and then some reports in which Harvs and O’Donnell savage Justin Madden and the AFLPA for sanctioning the second match without any consultation with the players.

The Sunday coverage includes an unrelated short interview with Graham Moss, and Don Scott eviscerating scaremongers Ross Glendenning and Andrew Maher. If that happened nowadays, Scott would have his AFL accreditation removed instantly, for being right.

Hird copped racial abuse?

For those that were at the game, was it announced the game was called off at the stadium or was nothing said- and everyone just went nuts

Announced it was done for the night, told to be sure & pick up a pass out on the way out if we wanted to attend the rematch. I’ll never forget the point post eerily levitating from one end of the ground to the other, luminously glowing like some haunted spectre behind post in a Scooby Do cartoon.

Were any of you responsible for souveniring a point post or starting a bonfire?

I was out on the ground, but no.

The Estonian website now has it for download. Classic stuff, watch and find out that Andy Maher was always an annoying little ■■■■.

a guy from school claimed that he was responsible for the point post, no idea if it was legit or not. he was a bit of a hoodlum, so I wouldn’t put it past him.