2 Andrew Stephens 16 Brendan Hosking 25 Shaun Ryan and making sense of their destruction

There’s two in there (the Pendlebury’s and Grundy’s)

I usually don’t care about umpires as I know they are terrible and sometimes we also receive some dubious free kicks (the Guelfi goal yesterday), but geez I am still riled up over yesterday’s show of incompetence that’s bordering on ludicrous.

To me, it’s a pretty damning acknowledgement that the decisions were shocking when players were also expecting a free kick to be paid and stopped, and play on was called. Not just once… but TWICE!!

Never ever seen that before and this is what really should be highlighted to AFL, surely there’s a big disconnect between the players and umpires if they can’t agree on what the rules are.

5 Likes

Yea I always cringe when there’s posts saying oh crap this guy is umpiring our game this week we’re stuffed or we lost that game because of the umpires but FCK me! I re watched the final 5 mins and I’ll say it again FCK me!

The Tippa high tackles were an absolute disgrace with the umpire in clear view on both occasions

The Merrett tackle on Moore, doesn’t really need explaining, a person watching AFL for the first time would know thats holding ball

The Pendle head thrust into Merrett and then the Neymar dive backwards. That’s a yellow card in soccer for simulation

Hooker penalised for out smarting and out muscling that hack Cox was laughable

Not going to bother discussing the one where every player within 40 m just stopped playing, that explains itself

This is the one, the Stephenson tackle by Guelfi, one armed pinned hits the deck with said arm still pinned and then throws the ball away. Just wow

It wasn’t just us, the Grundy in the back to Geulfi was a joke and not there and the Baguley one was also a joke and very lucky.

If Robbo and that ■■■■■ with ears wanna critisze our supporters for booing then I implore every Essendon fan to boo like out of control apes at every game just ■■■■ off those 2 self righteous wank stains

6 Likes

Thw pendlebury high contact , 2qsnt the rule changed a few years ago that if you lead with the head , thats essentially your prior gone and it should be holding the ball.

I know the annoyance is that he got a free , but i thought ro stop players doing that to protect t themselves from themselves, that is was going to be a free against, just like the fend off is considered prior opportunity, so was keqding with the head , which he clearer does, he sees oncoming players and ducks his head even further down.

2 Likes

A bit of booing is harmless.

In many other parts of the world yesterday’s 3 umpires would have left the stadium in coffins.

13 Likes

I fckn love that these media flogs are getting stuck into us for doing it, I hope we go off our heads at every game just ■■■■ everyone off. Can’t wait to give it to that little homophobic prick next week

3 Likes

If i post my thoughts on the three umpires from yesterday and what i wish for them, gil, the AFL, il probably be banned forever

2 Likes

I’m not going to say it was cheating, but if they are not back at reserve level for a few weeks…

1 Like

This time it’s so bleeding obvious that even Gil has to acknowledge it.

Don’t like booing? Fix the problem.

1 Like

lmao take the ■■■■■■■ pasta strainer off your head. there is no conspiracy against essendon by the umpires you dolts.

2 Likes

Far out, that Pendlebury one in slow motion is everything that the AFL has tried to stamp out for three years. Leads with his head in a dangerous manner. We’ve been told for 3 years that that wouldn’t be rewarded.

4 Likes

Get nicked, it’s bad enough having Matthew farking Nicholls stinking up the VFL.

4 Likes

The media is more incompetent than the umpires.

If Toot Toot and Gil the Dil are both right and you’re still bleating on about nonsense, then you should just turn in your credentials and your pay packet and join the cue at Centrelink

2 Likes

You know what, I am glad the umpires were booed. We’d be pretty much the most passionate and diehard fans in the league and that shows the clubs soul and identity that the fans werent gonna cop the rort we saw yesterday.

I am damn proud to be a Don and can safely say that regardless of the clubs incompetence or mismanagement over the last 15 years that the fans have kept the soul of the club burning.

Fans have every right to boo if they want and I am glad our displeasure has been widely noted as evidenced by Mcguire and Mclachlan’s comments today on the booing.

7 Likes

Won’t hold my breath! He is a ■■■■.

In the area i sat, when the free to callum brown was paid in the last minute about 20 fans stood up and left while the rest of us were yelling “you farking cheat you just gave them the game”

Focusing on the booing and not the cause of it by the media is just following the line the afl wants and draws attention away from the poor standards of umpiring

1 Like

True, but I really dont want them in U11, my son plays and a trip to the AFLBJ tribunal (for my conduct) means I don’t get to see his games!.

1 Like

I have no doubt they were actually Booing Pendlebury, because his duck and dive act was an exemplar of the poor Umpiring.

If he hadn’t done that,… they likely stop when it was his time.

1 Like

If Bucks or Pendlebury said in the post game speeches that they were a bit lucky with some of the umpiring, it would have gotten a bigger roar from the Essendon fans than when Daniher drilled it from 60 at half time.

3 Likes

You can already see the narrative post the Cats game.

A few will boo Ablett for his archaic views and supporting homophobia and the media will point at Essendon fans as a collective that we are an uncivilised supporter base despite Hawthorn fans doing it last week.

1 Like