2 Rookie upgrades now !

With Alex Browne being ruled out for the year we can now make 2 rookie upgrades.  Thurlow can now replace TBC and Steinberg presumably Alex Browne for the whole year.

i'd been waiting for someone to start a thread on this

Doesn't matter what happens, peeto will be happy.

im still grieving for Browne

Well Thurlow is a gimmie now, who would be the second?

Doesn't matter what happens, peeto will be happy.

Can't see Peeto getting upgraded

Grieving for Browne too.  Was hoping this would be his break out year.

Won't be Peeto, more competition for the small forward spot compared what the other rookies have to compete with for a place in the senior team.

RAYNOR & AMBROSE

Come at me

THURLOWTIME

Fingers crossed Browne’s extended pre-season sees him absolutely cherry ripe to go in 2015. At the end of 2015 he’ll be disappointed however as his teammates will have 2 Premiership medals and he’ll only have the one.

Tragedy for Browne. Was hoping that 2014 would be the year he stepped up.
As an injury plagued fringe player who is out of contract this year, his future is far from certain.
Hope he gets a chance in 2015.

Tragedy for Browne. Was hoping that 2014 would be the year he stepped up.
As an injury plagued fringe player who is out of contract this year, his future is far from certain.
Hope he gets a chance in 2015.

Loyalty is it's own reward. He'll be right.

No need to elevate anyone yet. Let them play, see who earns a spot, and promote them when we need them. Not much point speculating now.

Thurlow's a cert, leave the other one open for now and see who wants it..Very sad for Browne to go down for the year but just to put things in perspective folks, the words grieving and Tragedy don't apply here, someone has to die to use those terms..

No need to elevate anyone yet. Let them play, see who earns a spot, and promote them when we need them. Not much point speculating now.

Exactly. Thurlow only plays if Paddy goes down so why elevate him now?

Our original set up was to have two ruckmen in the side each week. For the sake of consistency of team set ups it might be a wise idea to say to Thurlow that he'll be playing as a ruck/ forward, so when Belly comes back it isnt as jarring to the team, and so the club can at least get an idea of what a ruck, Carlisle and Joe forwardline may look like, so that any structural flaws can be ironed out before the return of the Chambers.
Not only that, but it relieves some of the pressure of Ryder (which yes he may thrive on), but the last time he rucked it alone for an extended period of time was 2009 when Hille went down and Bellchambers was Scania.. who knows what effects 5/6 games of being the lone ruckman could do to Ryder in terms of fatigue. I want him fit and raring to go come finals.
AND Joe can stay the fark away from the ruck too- so he can focus on playing up forward and not have to deal with knees to the ribs and guts. Joes duties are big enough with him playing in the forwardline only, considering how much our forwardline has changed over the last few years, and I am not really keen on having to extend his duties to pinch hitting ruckman too. For a kid thats only played 5 or so games, asking him to do that might just be a bit too much.
Although there is really no reason to promote Thurlow right this very minute, there are a few reasons why we shouldnt wait for Ryder to go down to promote him.

Our original set up was to have two ruckmen in the side each week. For the sake of consistency of team set ups it might be a wise idea to say to Thurlow that he'll be playing as a ruck/ forward, so when Belly comes back it isnt as jarring to the team, and so the club can at least get an idea of what a ruck, Carlisle and Joe forwardline may look like, so that any structural flaws can be ironed out before the return of the Chambers.
Not only that, but it relieves some of the pressure of Ryder (which yes he may thrive on), but the last time he rucked it alone for an extended period of time was 2009 when Hille went down and Bellchambers was Scania.. who knows what effects 5/6 games of being the lone ruckman could do to Ryder in terms of fatigue. I want him fit and raring to go come finals.
AND Joe can stay the fark away from the ruck too- so he can focus on playing up forward and not have to deal with knees to the ribs and guts. Joes duties are big enough with him playing in the forwardline only, considering how much our forwardline has changed over the last few years, and I am not really keen on having to extend his duties to pinch hitting ruckman too. For a kid thats only played 5 or so games, asking him to do that might just be a bit too much.
Although there is really no reason to promote Thurlow right this very minute, there are a few reasons why we shouldnt wait for Ryder to go down to promote him.
Thurlow is a different player to Bellchambers. Bellchambers is more than handy up forward. Even if Thurlow plays, Paddy would still ruck for 80% of the game and the more he rucks the better he seems to play. I also don't mind Daniher giving him a chop out either. Frees him up a bit and takes a bit of pressure off by being involved in the game.

Thurlow should take Brownes spot IMO

STEINBERG!

I'll drink to that (right Mr. Richardson?)

stein thurlow or ambrose Bring them in.

we should’nt play 2 short on our list compared to the dawks or scum why give them a legup?

efc what are you waiting for? stein in particular needs to be rewarded immediately.