#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

Agreed.

That chase showed his intent and desire.

He moved that mountain sized organism that he calls a body as fast as he possibly could and dived to put pressure on against a bloke who was half his size and twice as quick and he almost got him.

Was a great effort.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen him take (and miss) shots from there.

He shouldnā€™t have faith in his kicking.

1 Like

I am convinced now that he is still building his fitness after an interrupted preseason. If he were carrying an injury, the club would have managed his workload & most likely rested him for the North game.

1 Like

Agree 100% I canā€™t think of any other explanation.

2 Likes

Had a bit of a limp today. Hard to see, but was noticeable if you looked for it.

Much better, angry Bellcho is the Bellcho we want every week.

I reckon heā€™ll play this week then they take him out for the cats game.

He is playing Grundy on Thursday, he is going to have to play out of his skin just to contain him.

1 Like

What did we think of Tomā€™s game? Seemed to have more impact around the groundā€¦ got killed in hitouts overall but we still did well with the clearances - so probably nullified Grundyā€™s work. What was the hitouts to advantage stat?

1 Like

I thought he played pretty well yesterday. We got killed in the hitouts but it didnā€™t translate to the clearances. He took a few marks and was involved in the play quite a lot. Earned another game IMO.

I thought he did some good things but he doesnā€™t seem 100 percent. Not sure if itā€™s age or fitness but heā€™s lost some spark.

Listed among out bests in the Sun, along with Ambrose, and the obvious ones.
Of his hitouts 9 were to advantage, 4 less than Grundy, so yes, when he ā€œlostā€ the hitout, it is probably more correct to say that he ā€œhalvedā€ a lot of Grundies hitouts.
Gained a lot of clearances, and marks around the ground, and bullocked Grundy, to assist our mids to win clearances.
However he is not playing as well as he did last year.
FWIW, this is how he was rated by CD:

3 Likes

He is building, I think he was beaten by Grundy yesterday but there was not a lot in it. A pretty good performance.

4 Likes

Lets be fair to this guy. In 5 games so far, he has faced Grundy, Gawn, Martin and Goldstein. Apart from perhaps McEvoy, they are the best rucks going around.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s a very good point actually. He hasnā€™t been disgrace either.

2 Likes

Solid game yesterday. Much like the team itā€™s like he needed the JLT and Rounds 1-2 to blow the cobwebs out and make up for an interrupted pre-season.

Was better yesterday but he just looks so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  slow out there this year. In fact a lot of our senior players look slow on the mcg and get exposed more there.

Thought he was decent. Especially considering his opposite who is an unbelievable footballer.

Could have a bit more impact when resting in the forward line than he does.

2 Likes

Grundy had far more impact on the game imo. I donā€™t think Belly added much at all tbh and he certainly didnā€™t nullify Grundyā€™s influence. Bit of a meh game tbh, the sad thing was that it was probably his best game this season, which sums up where he is in his career.

1 Like

Plays better without Clarke in the side.

Hope that experiment has finished.

2 Likes

Like his aggression in the ruck + took some good marks and collected a few possessions as well. There is the odd occasion though where he turns the ball over ā€˜cause his reaction time is poor. But heā€™s building into his work nicely.