#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

He is actually a key ingredient to the team we’ve been missing since Ryder. That is a good ruckman who can rest forward, take a contested mark and kick a goal.
I thought he was finished and glad to be wrong. He’s actually back to form well before all of the drugs bullshit started. Also he just looks arrogant and would be a scary prospect.

1 Like

This is the best he’s ever been. I alway thought of him as a better forward/ruck than pure ruck but how wrong I was. He’s a complete ruck and he’s now impacting clearances himself.

He’s more in the Mummy/Goldstein mould than Naitanui/Ryder and that is fine.

He is a beast right now and we are reaping the rewards of it.

Looney wouldn’t have monstered Hickey the way Belly did.

Agree, but they might have got it wrong in the case of the brisbane game.

I reckon he was spoken to about his effort after the Tap. His second efforts, tackling and general hardness at the ball/man has drastically improved. This is something that he lacked when he was fit too. He’s seriously impressed me since he’s had a good run at it. On CURRENT form, he’d be in the top couple of ruckman in the game. His tap work has been sublime at times too, really seems to be timing his leaps well

5 Likes

He didn’t ever look like doing this but (and it goes for P Ryder too) remember that old adage that big blokes take time

Both of them if you drew a line at about their 26th birthdays, they’re almost totally unrecognisable.

I’m trying my hardest to work out what this means and all I can come up with is yes, he’s white.

2 Likes

Haha just realised how that sounded. I meant in the style of rucking where he is more of a bulky tap ruckman that uses his brute strength in the contest as opposed to the other two that are fast, high jumping tappers.

Spot on WOB…

To give him his due, he’s generally been better than I expected, but…
His gap between his best and worst is way too big.
Today he was owned by Kruezer. Owned…

That 6 weeks of not being a spud was nice while it lasted

1 Like

putrid

Back to the belly of old. He’s been garbage for a few weeks now. Gets 1 more for mine, and then if the same - luey

Better than Luey but useless

2 shockers in a row. Absolutely no presence out there whatsoever. Amazed that a bloke his size and build doesn’t steamroll carnts instead of avoiding physical contact. Really should of been thrown up forward for awhile today to try and get him involved

1 Like

Back to the Belly we all know and love. A truly great game followed by some garbage ones.

Has struggled to cover the ground in the last 2 weeks - It’s like he’s running in quicksand - Possibly he needs to spend less time in the ruck for the next 2 games.

Rucking full time is serious aerobic business, especially when your conditioning has been non existent for three years.

I reckon he’s just plainly running out of steam. I’d give him a rest next week, we have a more than competent back-up to come in for him.

4 Likes

Paddy Ryder was just as inconsistent and nowhere near as injury prone for many years.

He has been great for the majority of the year.

Just looks tired and could do with a week off by the looks of things.

Kruzer embarrassed him.

Has been poor since the Saints games might be due for a rest with Leuenberger to take his spot.

1 Like

Dodoro should try and get Brayden Preuss from North.

3 Likes