#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

So whatā€™s up with the opposition reading his taps the last few weeks? Is it too obvious?

1 Like

The finest tap ruckman I have seen in years, unfortunately they all go to the opposition.

He kicks a goal here and there and does much more work around the ground than Luenberger ever does, He wins a decnet amount of the taps its not his fault that the other mids are reading him better than our mids. Sheesh!, this isnt a playstation game here

2 Likes

Give him a week off. His agression that he brought to the table against stkilda, collingwood etc is gone.

His tackle i think on murphy in the last minutei or so was vital though

When did he last kick a goal?
Last two weeks has offered absolutely zero around the ground. Was good before that but has looked flat the last 2 weeks and possibly carrying a slight injury. Needs a spell

Lacked intensity no doubt.
Waltzed around a fair bitb yesterday,
Might be a bit cooked.

Kruezer is a fantastic player that always gives maximum effort.

Fair enough, I just think heā€™s a much better option than Leunberger will ever be. Has carried a big load since coming back from LTI, could do with a spell. His best will be required for the finals and a game we would probably lose anyway is a good game to rest him

2 Likes

He struggles against more mobile ruckman like Stefan Martin & Kruezer. (He did well against Paddy, but maybe thatā€™s more of a case of knowing his game backwards).

Maybe Leuy can handle those types of ruckmen better (at least negate them at centre bounces) & it should be a horses for course approach, in that no matter what sort of form each bloke is in, alternate them depending on the opposition ruckman.

His games prior to the last 2 were exactly what we needed. Rucking well and kicking a few goals. Unfortunately he has been unable to continue with this form.

Time for a rest the honey moon period is over. We need a fresh LOO for the SAUCE.

Bellchy wasnā€™t brilliant but he was up against Kruezer who is in contention for All-Australian with Ryder. Itā€™s not like he got beat by a dud like Hickey.

2 Likes

And what was his excuse against the Dogs with no ruck?
Was fantastic since his inclusion but has hit the wall the last 2 weeks. Give him a rest

We are in the top 2 forward lines in the comp, but our midfield needs to at least break even, to ensure our forwards get enough supply.

Poor contested effort resulted in the 8 clearances that he allowed Kroozer when TBell had zero. This counted for most of the 42/28 clearance differentialā€¦

No going back to Leuey thanks. There is not a game where you donā€™t need a search party to find him, except for at the centre bounces. Belly, with the year off and interrupted pre season, obviously needs more endurance, however we can just change his mix to 80/20 ruck forward to 60/40. JD is a perfect option. I mentioned it in the review thread, he was poorly manage on the weekend and played ruck/bench throughout the game, instead of ruck/forward. Play him up forward Woosha! Apart from this, expecting Tom to follow Kruezer up the ground and cover him whenever he slipped up forward was stupid. Tom is not a defender and causes huge headaches when up forward. Be proactive, rest him up forward. Heā€™ll snag a few, be involved in the game, build confidence, and be an asset to the team.

2 Likes

I disagree that Joe being out of our forward line for 40% of the game, is a good thing.

If youā€™re picked to ruck these days, you ruck the majority of the game out, and if you canā€™t, you bring in somebody who can.

I prefer TBell over Looney, but the gap isnā€™t that large, and Tommy is clearly struggling atm.

5 Likes

I tend to agree re: Joey.

maybe 70/30? Jacobs was excellent against Ryder on the weekend. Maybe Natrat can steal a little time to ease the load?

2 Likes

Heā€™s having a quiet patch but not sure Iā€™d drop/rest him. We will have two forced changes when Zerrett cops his week and thatā€™s without doing anything with Watson/Colyer/Howlett. Plus itā€™s not as if Luey has been smashing the door down.

Give him a rest for a week. So he can really ramp it up for the final few games

Let Loony come in and throw everything at Jacobs for a week

I canā€™t wait for a week full of ā€œermahgerd you canā€™t drop Leuy after one game just because TBell is ready again!!!111ā€ posts.

Isnā€™t playing well but he is our best option ATM