#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Weird, I thought he played well against Grundy. I think he is clearly the clubs best ruck.

1 Like

There’s so many dominant ruckman this season

I’m struggling to think of 1 starting ruckman that Bellchambers is better than. He’s just not up to it.

Well thats F@RKING STUPID. We have Walla for that position!

2 Likes

Yes, he also got thrashed by Tim English.

We are not trading our only reasonably formed, seasoned ruckman to play a greenhorn. Draper’s time will come but that it not now.

More the point, did you see how Luey played today!? Why shorten our stocks even more?

1 Like

In a game when the whole team looked sub par why pick out one performance?

I stand by my statement.

What do you think we’ll get back in trade for a ruckman not good enough to go forward with?

From what I understand the forward play is more about adding strings to his bow.

Whether that is by choice or whether it’ a consequence of Luey playing VFL ruck would be interesting, but when Belly was in the VFL the roles were reversed and he was the FF, Draper the ruck.

No it’s not. It’s trying to make him able to go forward when resting from the ruck. Like TBell can, and Loony can’t. It’s called adding more strings to his bow. That said I think he should be the number one VFL ruck, with Loony backing him up, rather the other way round like it is currently.

4 Likes

jinx!
or something

At the very least 50/50

I think the club line is adding strings to Drapers bow but I personally believe it’s because Luey can’t play anywhere else.

Draper was excellent last year for a first year ruck and he should be accelerated not slowed down.

I think it’s a poor decision from the club.

1 Like

So do I, but saying they are trying to make into a CHF is just not right.

I know what they are doing but I don’t think it’s helping.

As a second year ruck with promise he should be rucking. I wonder what it would be doing to his confidence.

His confidence is fine. in fact it is so fine that he believes he will be good enough for some AFL game time this year if needs be.

3 Likes

My argument isn’t about his ability (despite the tim english jibe) but a player with reasonable trade value.

Has he reached his ceiling? If so, is he the guy we can rely on to take us forward? I reckon there are sides that would like him on their roster. Dogs, Freo. For us, I’d rather look at a youngster and perhaps moneyball another clubs 2nd or 3rd string ruck.

Clearly we’ll be finishing down the ladder this season, with a impressive draft on the horizon I would suggest we try improve our draft options.

Why would you try to make him a CHF by playing him at FF and FP?

1 Like

Never much love for Tommy but he is doing well this season and acquitted himself really well against a ruckman who is probably in the top 5 in the competition. He matched McEvoy in the ruck and played better around the ground. Unfortunately we lost the game, and it’s hard to be upbeat about anything or anyone right now.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but I reckon he falls away badly in the second half every single week.

Well he is only bloke doing all the work. I can see why he gets tired.