#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Yeah nah, in the words of someone famous.
Of course you’re entitled to your view.
My view is that your perception of ‘rag dolled’ is bullshiit.

1 Like

First time I’ve seen him get angry during a game tonight actually. Worth the mention. He kinda looks scary, angry.

1 Like

Yep. Beautiful tap work, a great kick to Stew (resulting in a goal via the 50m penalty), and some push and shove at half time. What more could you want?

2 Likes

Sensational tonight, has been very good so far this year.

1 Like

was much bigger than his opponent and used it well, could still be throwing his weight around more, big lump of a man

45 HO’s

3 Disposals.

“Just a knock.”

1 Like

Needs to throw his weight around more. Should have a huge physical presence. I think he plays too “nice” and would love to see him with more agro. Case in point was the first goal of the second half to them where he could of absolutely fairly killed the GWS player yet let him mark it uncontested. His ruckwork tonight was probably the best I’ve seen from him though

2 Likes

Has a big job against Nankervis

1 Like

Great game from Belly.
I’d also like to give votes to the big Russian for his development of our rucks.
Belly’s work was so telling because he varied his taps so effectively, whilst syncing with the mids.

We’ve all seen games where a ruck like Sandilands gets around a 100 hit outs, but they’re all to similar spots, and the opposition mids often win the clearance count because it’s so predictable.

Yesterday Belly’s taps, and Draper’s in the Twos, were a mix of straight down, over the shoulder, and good old fashioned thumps forward.
Impossible for the opposition to consistently set up against.

Again, well played young fella.

9 Likes

RIP

1 Like

TBell, 45 hitouts, (19 t/a 78% ) game time narrowly beat Lobb (15 t/a 85% game time) in the ruck overall. However, it was dominance at centre bounces and particularly in the last quarter that made his performance a match winner. As a result our centre bounce clearances were more numerous and of high quality.

Lobb seemed to tire in the last, but TBell had banked more recovery time on the bench, when SMack gave him a chop-out. If SMack did nothing much else, he helped TBell to keep going when the game was up for grabs.

4 Likes

fixed

1 Like

even more impressive effort considering he hurt his calf in the first quarter according to Skipworth match report

Probably in doubt for next week

Why’s that?

He’s like our 5th or 6th oldest player isn’t he?

Coaches video said he played out the game with a saw calf.

Sore calf huh…

Sam Draper anyone?

Might explain the 45 HO’s to 1 mark and 3 kicks for the game.

Thought something didn’t add up there.

1 Like