#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

Tried to absolutely poleaxe zach too but zachy too quick.

3 Likes

Get yaself a slab of something from the Colonial Brewing range, weā€™ll pi$$ out the 2k fine on AFL HQā€™s doorstep.

The Eagles are tweeting pics of their own players giving possibly high hits?

3 Likes

Natanui was just minding his own business when Merrett came up and maliciously headbutted him in the arms.

Free kick West Coast

Here is the link to the tweet.

Honestly have no idea how that is holding the ball against Myers, Didnā€™t dive on it, didnā€™t have prior, barely even had possession due to fumbles, knocked out in the tackle. Free kick West Coast, free kick NicNat, go figure

8 Likes

How was that not a push in the back to Bellcho?

2 Likes

Dunno, all that sequence showed me was that the umps were ignoring our possible frees.

And that NicNat deserves a Logie.

2 Likes

Thought the same thing how is that holding the ball?

LOL at the freeze frame ā€” I was wondering why WCE would ask whether NicNat should get suspended for hitting Merrett high.

4 Likes

Dumb founded. If anything Stringer could have been called for a throw. Either way this set of umpires should be introduced to the cannon.

I think the umpire was rewarding NicNat for forcefully pushing Zerrett into him about 40 seconds earlier. Surprised Zerrett wasnā€™t cited and fined for umpire contact.

Exactly. What medical assessment was made in the 20 seconds between TBCā€™s ā€œbrutalā€ strike and NicNatā€™s ruck contest and tackle on Myers.

This. It was one or the other and is there really any surprise which way they went. Michael Christian wouldā€™ve taken on that job thinking heā€™d shine like a beckon of integrity and has since proven himself to be every bit as honourable as the previous MRP.

The Fox Footy coverage was pretty clear: the five ex-footballers said ā€œfine Naitanuiā€, and the sole communications professional said ā€fine Bellchambersā€.

This game is farked.

(I thought theyā€™d do nothing, given the front-on footage was so fuzzy.)

6 Likes

Nick-Nat should have gone for faking it. What a stager. It wasnā€™t like a full on punch.
With out luck Belly will get a week and a fine.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion and in the absolute minority; actually nobody that has posted in this thread shares this opinion. If belly caught him in the solar plexus flush and he was unprepared, pretty easy to get winded and so I can understand his reaction. Thought nicnat was pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  afterwards too, very much unlike him and so contrary to what everybody thinks, defo donā€™t think he was faking it. Thought there was a chance of a suspension for belly and so Iā€™m glad he escaped with a fine. Fine was the right result in my opinion.

4 Likes
3 Likes

There seems to be some begrudging realisation among the scribes that Belly is in good form.
Week after week they expect the ā€œnameā€ ruckmen of the competition to beat him, and are forced to concede Belly is actually beating them or at worse halving the contest .

4 Likes

Seems to have really grown as a leader at the club and blossomed with the responsibility.

2 Likes

I liked this response:

Adrian Dodoro
ā€
@AdodoroAdrian
34m34 minutes ago
More
Replying to @JobeWatson @TommyBell
You should have left some money in the kitty for your matesā€¦haha