#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Well done, but it rarely appears that way.

1 Like

Biggest difference between he and Leuenberger; Leuenberger has the tendency to put it down the throats of the opposition too often. Tommy is also seems to be good at negating opposition taps too

1 Like

Well done Tom

4 Likes

Yup

I would have Natanui at our club in a heart beat.

Bellchambers and Natanui going in combo would be unbeatable.

anyways. back to looking at fringe midfielders

5 Likes

Never forget.

13 Likes

Hopefully he’s up and about again against North. From memory he was a Roos fan before being drafted. I remember him saying he despised Essendon. Ha

I think he’s a bit soft in the guts. Is it just me or is Nic carrying a few extra kegs around the waist? He looked really unfit on tv. Missed a fair bit of footy I guess.

1 Like

The extra weight is mostly on his backside.

To compensate, Goldstein was a mad Essendon fan.

Goldy has also been in decent form recently. Should make for an absorbing contest.

Hes been great. In fact so great, that his on field game has now reached the lofty heights of being about 1/20th as good as his off field game

1 Like

Impressed with his game, a lot of stoppages didn’t favour him. Most impressed at the end of the half when Ambrose was shoving Goldy and Tommy tapped him in on the shoulder and went “I got this” and nearly made Goldy cry. He’d got Merrett high twice and Baguley on the siren that I saw and Tommy put him in his place.

2 Likes

goldy pantsed him a few times early on and a few times through out the game but credit to tommy he came in at it hard qtr 2 and we started getting on top more often than not

was it’s own narrative the ruck duel between tommy and goldy, so much about this game was a throwback to a better time in footy where there werent 40+ free kicks every game and men were men

WTF happened to Bellchambers??? Started well but then vanished.

Here are his quarter by quarter Fantasy stats: 40, 14, 14, 7!

Did he cop an injury or did Grundy just blow him up?

1 Like

Same old story. Good game, average game, good game, pox game…etc.

1 Like

Don’t know, but in the stretch that Collingwood got us in the last quarter he was on the bench for a good 7-8 minutes. I thought he must have been injured

1 Like

Serious?

He’s been up for a long time.

Had a bad game but he’s allowed one occasionally.

1 Like

Collingwood have a strategy, which is for Grundy to hit the ball very wide when he gets a go at it. And every decent ruckman gets a clear hit at it every now and then.

Their runners are ready for it and it gets them a clear run forward. We have no equivalent.

1 Like

Belly will always be exposed by these ruck/Mid hybrids, needs to win or breakeven in the hit outs and then hit the scoreboard otherwise he becomes a liability

He spent a fair chunk of time on the bench and also not coming down to the forward line for throw-ins. Stringer was ruck for a while!

I assume there was some kind of niggle involved, not just being blown up.

3 Likes