#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Played well and matched Grundy except for the last quarter. During that quarter, I was surprised Smack did quite well at times against Grundy, however, whatever caused TBell to fade/go out of the game in the last, was the beginning of the end for us.

Bellchambers was on the ground when Stringer was rucking, he was camped outside 50.

Agreed. Clearly he was gassed or injured in the last. Over all Tom was only 2 less hitouts to advantage less than Grundy, and about 6 less hitouts all up, but Grundy gained 5 more clearances and some good taps to advantage out wide and did very well in the last. Argh.
Smack is ok at boundary line throw ins, but not good at centre bounces. At general stoppages the large number of players prevent most crucial clearances from going against us when SMack is rucking .

It looks like Tom needs to be managed a little better to get the best out of him.

1 Like

Certainly wasn’t his best game today and wasn’t up against much opposition. But I was impressed with his second half, in particular the last quarter. I was expecting him to struggle to run the game out with no chop out in the ruck virtually all game with McKernans injury, but he dominated the ruck and allowed us to control the ball out of the middle in the last

4 Likes

Tommy’s ability to compete against the best (ok not tonight) has been a significant part of our resurgence. Best form of his career.

4 Likes

Once Smack went off it was always gonna be tough.

Killed the rucking, but mids didn’t capitalise

Smashed his opponents today and easily in our best 3 for the day

4 Likes

And appears to be carrying a corked in his upper leg…so couragous also

How good was his presser?

helped out that rugby reporter heaps.

In unbelievably good touch.

1 Like

Great game today.
Loved how he got stuck into that dog Jones.

6 Likes

Yes, we don’t take a step back these days. Great game TBELL.

1 Like

Some of those taps over the back were fkg ridiculous

6 Likes

Sinclair didn’t wanna go near him

Love when the big unit gets angry, can’t wait for the day he gets the webs removed so he can make a fist and start throwing a few.

Currently the best he’s ever been. Crucially important to any chances in the next year or two

1 Like

Back hand taps til the early mornin

1 Like

On fire

I felt movement.

Fantastic game.

He must be carrying a fair injury. He was getting around like he just stumbled out of Chasers. Smart play when he was around it with dominant body work.

Paddy Ryder who??