#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

True.
But they not only look short, I suspect they are those dropped ■■■■ things that make you look like you’re are wearing a nappy!

1 Like

Well, when you’re mid-sesh at the pub the last thing you want to be doing is stumbling to and from the loo

1 Like

Ah … so you think ‘nappy pants’ are really just forward planning.

Great year on the ground, but no hard tag all season. Delist.

1 Like

I think that the next step is the NRL enforcing this to all players who go out on a sesh.

The amount of scandals prevented will be enormous.

1 Like

If there’s one thing I trust Belly to prepare for, it’s a drinking sesh

1 Like

You’ll be there soon enough, Mr Reboot

3 Likes

Great season for the Big Fella. Ranked = #1 with Zac Merret for 2018 at Essendon.

Well. CD reckon he is OK, but a lot of Blitz folk will disagree now they heard where this came from.

3 Likes

Did I miss the reason there was no hard tag this year?

On a side note hard tag after the loss to fark carlton would have been interesting.

CD has always overrated ruckmen

What number is he on the list of ruckmen? I reckon he’d be 6-8th.

If group them as:

Gawn
Grundy
Naitanui

Martin
Ryder (with a good Achilles)

Goldstein
Jacobs
Nankervis
McEvoy
Bellchambers
Sandilands (if he plays on)

Simpson
Witts
Sinclair
Lycett
Luenberger
Hickey

The rest

Probably missed a few

So he’s really only mid table, had a bit of a purple patch in the middle of the season but if you think in terms of wins above replacement he’s marginally better than the average ruckman in the comp.

Need him to take another step up next year and it’s one of the areas on the list where need to be investing in youth.

2 Likes

We have few elite players, just a lot of above average players, and Tommy is one of those.

There are 55 recognised ruckmen, on AFL lists, about 40 have played AFL games so to be an elite ruckman a player has to be in the top 4. As of now, Tommy is above average, not elite

I would put Tommy at around #8 of the ruckmen playing as of now. He is set to consolidate himself ahead of several of the players like Goldy, Martin, Jacobs and Sandilands who are 3-4 years older than him and nearing the end.

If Tommy remains injury free, next year he might be in the top 5. Its hard to see Gawn Grundy and McEvoy dropping off, but Naitanui will be out for a year and after 2 knee recos, might never be the same again.

Witts will be the next really good ruckman in the comp.,

Did I miss the part when Mcevoy became good?

2 Likes

I think we must have.

Shouldered the Ruck so well he busted it.

Our ruck coach Mark Jamar was interviewed by Whately on SEN this morning.

Dont bother to listen to it if you want to hear anything about Jamar in the context of Essendon. Jamar did mention Tommy and Matty’s names once in the 10 minutes. It was all about Gawn.

2 Likes

bring back hard tag ffs

1 Like

Apparently Tom just had a “distal clavicular resection”. This is known as the “Mumford Procedure”

Does that mean he will be able to do this in 2019?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNxywLoYhU.

They had jamar on but just spent the whole time taking about Gawn? Flogs

why do you guys still do it…

SEN is for kids.
If you want to listen to real footy talk by people who understand the game, there are many avenues - podcasts are an option. SEN is like WWE is to martial arts. It’s tongue-in-cheek crass base rubbish fairy floss. Stop complaining. You get what you ask for.

7 Likes

Any suggestions? I don’t listen to SEN since the the troubled times but I haven’t stumbled on anything particularly good.