#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

Has mostly looked like a broken down draught horse this season.

However, has battled on admirably when obviously struggling with injury and fitness.

Thus, full credit and respect for his season so far under the circumstances.

I loved it when he slotted that goal.
And the commentators brought back memories of his 28 goal season as a forward in tandem with Ryder in the ruck.

He is unlucky that we are now firmly entrenched in an era were ruckmen are expected to be as good, if not better around the ground than they are in the ruck. Sam Jacobs looks to have lost his spot to Riley Oā€™Brien who provides much more around the ground.

1 Like

Yet he is lucky that we have absolutely no one else available that can play as a first choice ruckman

Belly is one of those cases where we will find out when the season is over that he played the entire season without an ankle or foot or something worse. He is doing really well at the actual rucking. Just got to get him into the finals against the cats or giants, but preferably not grundy.

Had bugger all preseason, we already know that.

heā€™s as slow as molasses but makes players around him walk taller, took some nice marks aound the ground of friday, working into some good positions. His tap work is very good.

I like the boy

3 Likes

Would be handy if he got to one of our kicks down the line to make a contest occasionally.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take an injured belly over z Clarke any day.

Criminally underrated on here. Obvious to anybody with half a brain he is carrying something. Doing a fine job considering.

3 Likes

Saw him drift off his man, get lost in the play. Incredibly frustrating that heā€™s not physically capable of the running required to impact around the ground. Cannot stress how annoyed I was seeing this fall apart.

3 second later he was perfectly placed to take an intercept mark and we had another inside 50 off his very smart ground positioning.

Smart player is TBell. Far better footy brain than this viewer.

3 Likes

Hugger?

When he patted little Poopy Puopolo on the head he earned a lifetime pass from me.

One of the Great Moments in Sport.

6 Likes

Well beaten by the worst ruck in the compā€¦at least for a significant period in the middle quarters.

He shouldnā€™t get suspended as he didnā€™t move towards Shueyā€¦just turned his hipā€¦possibly to avoid getting head-butted in the niagaras.

1 Like

Towelled up by an absolute spud

1 Like

Donā€™t be surprised if he gets a week.

Should get a week for being beaten by Tom farking Hickey.

6 Likes

Yep, very nearly a sackable offence to get embarrassed by that scrubber

1 Like

I think weā€™ve all forgotten what itā€™s like to have a decent ruckman.

Heā€™s just not at the required standard anymore, but thereā€™s no one else.

1 Like

No way he gets a week but he wouldnā€™t be playing AFL if Draper was fit.

What makes you say that Draper would be playing?