#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

Warm-up Chambers Belling

Yes they have Vickery, but the more time Vickery is forced spend in the ruck the better, if our rucks dominate around the ground McEvoy will need to be accountable and therefore may tire quicker. The point of getting them around the ground is a very valid one. There is more to been a ruckman then the taps, the work around the ground is equally if not more important. Just have a look at Tom Boyd in the GF his work off the ball is what had him in contention for the normsmith. This is Especially true when you have mobile ruckman who suffer in the ruck contests. The three of them I mentioned are capable of been like an extra midfielder, especially Smack. We need to think smarter and try use the situation to our advantage.

What you cannot do is have anyone of them spend to many mins in the ruck, as soon as they tire to much they will become a liability and we will start to get smashed in the middle.

2 Likes

Dana?

2 Likes

what?

4 Likes

Always appreciate a try at a new nickname, but somehow I donā€™t think Dana is gonna catch on. After all, his name is Patrick Ambrose.

3 Likes

Ambrose is not a ruckman: heā€™s shown that on numerous occasions. Heā€™s a KPB.

McKernan is not a ruckman: if you want to categorise him, heā€™s an oldfashioned ruckrover.

We only have two ruckmen left: the perpetually injured Bellchambers, and the rookie Draper.

If we donā€™t play one of these two, we might as well put Heppell in the ruck: heā€™s at least as good at it as SMacK is.

Yep. Letā€™s go full Hird and not even play a ruck at all. Hooker and Ambrose will do fine

3 Likes

Letā€™s go Buddha Hocking and not even contest the centre bounce. Just stack the backline and attack from there.

If the call to play Tommy is 50/50, then I think he should play. Remembering that this is not your usual round 1 game and that he stood by the club after being rubbed out for a year. Tommy to rotate with Smack & Stewartā€¦ 1 in the middle, 1 up forward & 1 on the pine.

Joe+Hooker+Smack+Tommy+Stewart?

Nope. Gotta allow three littlies up forward.

2 Likes

So was he good in the prac match? Heā€™s playing or not playing? TELL ME

No , No , Noā€¦ dat aint what iā€™m sayin.

Iā€™m sayin When Smack in ruck, Tommy on pine & Stewart up forward with Joe & Hooksy

When Tommy in ruck, Stewart on pine & smack up forward with Joe & Hooksy

and so on.

Yeah, but I donā€™t want to permanently ā€œwasteā€ a bench spot on a dedicated tall forward/ruck. Gimme a not-slow midfielder/small instead.

1 Like

I could live with this if that not-slow midfielder/small is ā€œthe Kidā€ Begley.

Oh ā€¦ ohā€¦ thereā€™s a new kid in town.

Just listened to Woosha on the radio post-Geelong. He said they werenā€™t even going to use Smack - he was going to sit on the bench and be an emergency if someone went down.

Sounds like they arenā€™t that confident - I reckon they will push Bellchambers if they can based on Crowā€™s thoughts (personally as a long distance know-nothing I canā€™t see how Bellcho can be close to ready)

Skippy shot down the idea of Tbell playing in VFL post match interview. Still needs a week or two of match practice he said.

Clearly a fast developer!! Son of Begley, perhaps!!

Bit harsh on Gleeson mate.

8 Likes

Doesnā€™t work mate, canā€™t take up an extra bench place for a ruck-man full time. Rotations through the midfield would suffer dreadfully.

1 Like

He was better than I expected him to be. Quite good actually but I donā€™t think he played much more than a half. Wonā€™t play this week I wouldnā€™t think.