#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Problem with Luey is that even when he had a “good game” he still only had 10 odd possessions. Bellchambers at least gave some presence outside the tapouts, I hope we give him a few more games because I’m not sure Luey has any upside outside of the hitout counts.

1 Like

Yup.

I think if TBell had a run of 4 or 5 games, you’d find he is the preferred option.

People forget how good he can be, & I think he’s cherry ripe to return to his best & go better on that again, and has his best football in front of him over the next 3 or 4 years.

Did very well in his first game back, and definitely think Berger would have done any better.

1 Like

I’m not so sure he would be.
He’s quite slow, and I’m not sure that a lumbering ruck who at rest becomes a semi mobile forward is the preferred option.

1 Like

Semi mobile is being kind

Last time he played at the MCG, he got excreted on by pigeons thinking he was a statue.

6 Likes

Surely some pizz being extracted??

Was at least as mobile as Looney has been on Sat night, and would only improve on that.

Shame we can’t go back to the good ol’ days. Both can play and change in the forward pocket! Simpler times indeed.

1 Like

It was a solid game by T-Bell - Where he failed is his inability to run out a game - He was gone by halfway through the third quarter - Leunberger can run all day.

1 Like

1 game doesn’t make you automatic selection. Luey has been good for 2 years

Anything to back that up?

Use the full quote - Don’t cherry pick half the quote.

Have you ever heard of a thing called a joke?

Matthom Luenchambers.

ok thanks.

5 Likes

It’s a bit hard to tell around here.

2 Likes

Sorry - I am accustomed to you abusing me.:scream:

THing is, with TBC turnovers are going to hurt his game… if he makes position and then a turnover… he has do alot of work the other way… And that went against him against Tigers.
I think he will hurt mumford more than Leuy…if we clean up disposal.
IF we dont… then Leuy is a safer bet though.

Bit abrupt there Barnz.

I honestly think it’s much of a muchness between luey/belly. Luey is currently the preferred #1 but I’d like to see belly be given until the bye. I don’t rate either particularly highly, but I think luey provides more pressure. For a bloke belly’s size, I reckon he’s way too timid and needs to get more mongrel about him. He needs to be intimidating, which he’s not

1 Like

How can you think this has any mongrel in him?

1 Like