#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

His pose in the second photo gave me douche chills. It gave me pins and needles all the way down my spine.

Jobe channelling his inner Scott West

3 Likes

Colyer looks the same as he kicks.

1 Like

More like Jeans West.

4 Likes

Yaco presents a good point there HAP.

1 Like

This is the fundamental difference between the two, and why Looney is first preference.

Itā€™s hard to know if rucking a full game is in TBell. He couldnā€™t in 2015, but he was clearly carrying an injury, and before that he always played with Ryder.

i just want a Ruckmen that can take a mark around the ground. For some reason I just canā€™t picture Berger ever taking a strong pack mark over anyone, whereas I can with tbell.
For that reason and the fact tbell can kick goals, I prefer him.

1 Like

Themā€™s the reasons, ā€¦ and given time to get AFL match fit, and that we are playing JD more in the ruck, . and he likes it,ā€¦ and itā€™s helping him play at a higher level, ā€¦ itā€™s worth giving Dinger the time/games IMO.

1 Like

Iā€™d play Tbell ahead of Looney every day of the week. Heā€™s as good a ruckman and much, much better contested mark around the ground. In best form heā€™s an offensive threat to the opposition, and he can play more than one spot. For Looney itā€™s in the ruck or on the bench. Tbell can take very effective spells up forward, especially when heā€™s rotating with Joe.

Let me put it this way, Tbell in best form against Looney in best form has a much better upside. Heā€™s played two senior games this year and the legend is that he canā€™t run out games - even though in the Melbourne game he finished much better than he started. Give him a few more runs and heā€™ll be right.

1 Like

And the reason Leuney left Brisbane was because he was playing every game solo. Wait, thatā€™s not it.

Thought he was solid.

On a different note, I was discussing this with my brother at the game last weekend: have we ever had a ruck infringement go our way?

Well he was for a long time, but then a rookie listed Melbourne reject turned out to be a gun.

Side note, for a few years there Melbourne had both Stefan Martin and Max Gawn on their list, but neither could get a game because Jamar was an All Australian ruckman.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen Draper do itā€¦

1 Like

BRING HIM IN

And both Jamar and Darren Jolly couldnā€™t get games for years because of Jeff White.

Iā€™m not sure Leuey had many years where he was 1 out? Clark was first ruck for a year or two, Charman before that, Ben Hudson, Cam Wood in there too?

Hmm, good point, although the one ruckman who rucks all day thing is only 5 odd years old. From memory though, when Leuy was fit, he was the number 1 guy. He just kept missing whole years of footy.

And well, weā€™ve seen that he can comfortably ruck solo all game, not sure weā€™ve ever seen TBell do it without dying in the 4th

Sure. But itā€™s hardly uncommon for a ruckman to take until 26-27 to get up to fitness - and thatā€™s ignoring the year off, and the big injuries before that. I reckon we give Bellcho the role next year or he walks, and someone else gets his best 4-5 years.

Even given his fadeouts, heā€™s won the taps in both games heā€™s played.

Melbourne also played Martin everywhere except ruck

1 Like

Which is why itā€™s confusing hearing reports of him spending lots of time forward in the VFL. If he canā€™t run out a game at AFL level, then surely getting to be able to run one out in the VFL would be the main concern.

I donā€™t disagree at all, although Iā€™m not sure his demand from other clubs would be all that substantial if he is still playing VFL for us by the end of the year.

Iā€™m all for giving him an extended run, and I do think his first quarter against Richmond was better than any quarter Looney has played this year.

I was just pointing out why Looney is the preferred option as of right now, and itā€™s not a minor issue if winning right now is the objective.