#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

I think thatā€™s more about Draper than anything else. He did ruck out some games earlier in the year (based on memory of DJRā€™s commentary.)

3 Likes

Belly unless he can reinvent himself (given the type of ruckman he is which is basically dead for the modern game IMO) will only be a depth player.

The interchange cap will be his downfall.

There are no teams playing a lumbering big bloke with no endurance, next to no capacity at ground level & no genuine physical presence as #1.

Has to get super fit and find a way to get a harder edge to him because at present he is a big pansy.

I donā€™t think heā€™d be a top priority for anyone, but heā€™s better than Vardy or Tom Boyd; and better than the second in line guy at a number of clubs. Heā€™d be a great value buy, just like Leuey was for us

Speedy, I read a lot of your posts, cos I value your views, perhaps this one is over harsh. Thats OK, but I watched the final quarter of the Richmond game, and we were in it with plenty of opportunities to take the game, like 4 shots on goal in the first 10 minutes .
But going to Tommy, he was still winning hitouts in the last, still palming the ball to advantage, he was not fully blown up, but there were 3 instances when his opponent beat him. One was a clearance from the centre bounce and TBell did not lay a tackle. Then there was the loose ball his opponent roved and goaled and Tommy was not close enough to him.

Every player could be improved, in the case of Tom, its definitely his tank and speed. Take those up a notch and its going to make the choice between Tbell and Berger very difficult.

I am afraid both Berger and TBell are pansies compared with Mummy. I suppose we have to pick the heaviest of the 2.

He kicks like a stoned 12 year old?

2 Likes

No one expects Leuey to have a physical presence for his body shape compared to the brute rucks. However he especially of late has been throwing himself around at stoppages at ground level a lot. His tackle numbers are very good.

And that pressuring aspect which you noted Tommy didnā€™t do, Leuey does do. Itā€™s why he will be straight back in this week.

Tommy at the moment isnā€™t big enough to be a dominant force in ruck like Gawn & Sandilands, Mummy is a clearance beast at ground level and if comparing to someone like McEvoy is an absolute work horse endurance wise which isnā€™t TBCā€™s strength either.

As mentioned. I canā€™t see him being any more than depth. No other clubs would go after him as their number 1 ruck.

Theres more to assessing a player than basic stats, but its interesting to compare Mummy and TBell against Nankervis a week apart

Richmond GWS
Nankervis HO: 19, CP:11, CLR:2 T5 I50 1
Mummy HO: 40, CP:5, CLR 0 T6 I50 1

Richmond - Essendon
Nankervis HO: 22, CP:6, CLR: 2 T1 I50 4
Tommy HO: 40, CP:7, CLR:1 T4: I50 0

Does this suggest that TBell could match Mummy?

1 Like

Not much point comparing ruck combinations of even 5 years ago with today.

The preference is to have one mobile ruck who can influence ruck contests and have a major impact as a mobile tall.

Hopefully Draper turns into one, because TBC and Luey arenā€™t close.

What a pity Ryder couldnā€™t keep the old boy in his strides had family issues forcing him to go back to Brisbane.

6 Likes

I think he should stay in and play against Mummy. He will get a real taste for physicality in the ruck and what is needed. He has shown signs every game and we need to know if he has what it takes.

Excellent analogy PP.

Ok dt you got your wish. Only the reality is that the match committee actually prefer tbell

1 Like

Not enough gloating/gnashing of teeth in here.

(Thank fark weā€™re only playing Nth Ballarat.)

Heā€™s beating Mummy.

Wow.
That sounds awful.

8 Likes

Tbc >>>>> looney

Great game to day belly. He is really on the improve.

Might be forgetting a couple, but that was his best game in my memory since Port 2013.

He played with some intensity and desire and actually ran.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a terrible idea. You just know someone on the panic dollar market would do the sneaky, create a whole heap of aliasā€™s and tank the system.

1 Like

4 Likes

If played as a pure forward heā€™d probably have given us more than Stewart the last two weeks.

1 Like

Has a lot more talent than Leuenberger in my opinion.

Kicked 2 goals today and was great in the hitouts, when was the last time Leuenberger kicked 2 in a game?

2 Likes